VAR Thread - 2021/22

The only thing I can think of is swearing/bad language. Easily sorted though - yellow cards and reds for the offenders. Robertson howls abuse at linespeople all the time and ref's let him get away with it. Needs clamping down on and would only take a couple of weeks of zero tolerance or, if we want to avoid a proliferation of cards, offenders being taken to their captain and being expressly warned that if there's any more it will be a card/red.
Refs & VAR need to mic'd up now. We need to hear the conversation surrounding decisions, and regarding the language from players, they'd soon stop swearing if it starts to impinge on their lucrative Head & Shoulders contracts....

The PL said it was inaccurate. However, some people would prefer to believe the Sun despite not 1 other paper going with this "news"
The PL said it was inaccurate? To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, well, they would say that, wouldn't they? Surely it is more important to hear what PGMOL say about the allegation. What have they said? Nothing, as far as I can see.

Also, it's not a case of believing the PL over The Sun. The Sun has directly quoted Mark Halsey, so the question is, do you think Mark Halsey has just made up something completely out of the blue?

Halsey also said in 2016 that when he was refereeing, he had been told by PGMOL to change his match reports. Gary Neville said this was a huge story and should be investigated.

In my view, the PL, PGMOL etc. have let these two incidents pass without making a fuss over them, in the hope the issues would just go away. And guess what, they have.

There was a third incident where Swarbrick is reported to have been coaching VAR Attwell at half time. He was filmed by Sky, using running motions, which must have related to an incident in the first half. (Quite why Sky were at Stockley Park, I don't know). Further suggestion that VAR is not quite as independent as they would have us believe.

exactly .
now go back a few weeks to Mane v WHU. Lukaku at Wembley .
Jota vs Forest...
They would've been out of three competitions if it wasn't for VAR.
It's a joke the amount of wrong calls they get in their favour.

FOUosBPWQAE5Kzj.jpeg

So we had confirmation today from our game, when the link between referee, 4th official and var match official broke on awarding Jesus'penalty, that the media can hear the audio from the var official. I didn't know that was the case.

One question, why do they need this? Interesting also that they choose not to broadcast the audio, there'd be no foul language from the var room you'd think.
The broadcasters and commentators have had that link since the beginning , they say the result of the check long before the ref does , do they have any input is my question

The broadcasters and commentators have had that link since the beginning , they say the result of the check long before the ref does , do they have any input is my question
And does it work vice versa? Do the VAR room hear Spitty ruminating on whether there was enough contact there to justify a pen, etc, etc?

I suspect only the TV people have it.
Radio5 definitely didn't for the league match with Liverpool.

It's just like Pep has said, we get absolutely no help off anyone, what we've won and hopefully will win in the future is 100% down to us and us alone.

The dipper game at the weekend was referreed totally different to how we'd be reffed that's for sure..

Mane should have been off, Matip gave away a stonewall penalty at 0-0 and Spit as per usual was refereeing a dipper game from the commentary box..

It's already an unbelievable achievement for us to be ahead in the table with 5 games to go with all the shit going on as it is..

SKY, BT and the media want a last day shootout and nothing will be allowed to get in the way of that.

The ref who did the dipper game followed orders and gave Everton fcuk all..

VAR could have been good but ultimately it's just a tool to manipulate results to keep certain teams relevant whilst handicapping others.

It's cheating in broad daylight..

Mic the refs up, let's hear the conversations.

Interview the ref and var officials at the end of the game and ask them to explain why the Everton non penalty wasn't reviewed..

I just feel that City are in for some very dubious decisions in the upcoming games, it's as clear as the nose on Richaleson's face..!

I'm parked up now and walking to the game so game face on and hopefully it'll be a good match without the controversy of one or 2 VAR inputs..

C'mon City..!

The PL said it was inaccurate? To paraphrase Mandy Rice-Davies, well, they would say that, wouldn't they? Surely it is more important to hear what PGMOL say about the allegation. What have they said? Nothing, as far as I can see.

Also, it's not a case of believing the PL over The Sun. The Sun has directly quoted Mark Halsey, so the question is, do youey has an agenda aga think Mark Halsey has just made up something completely out of the blue?

Halsey also said in 2016 that when he was refereeing, he had been told by PGMOL to change his match reports. Gary Neville said this was a huge story and should be investigated.

In my view, the PL, PGMOL etc. have let these two incidents pass without making a fuss over them, in the hope the issues would just go away. And guess what, they have.

There was a third incident where Swarbrick is reported to have been coaching VAR Attwell at half time. He was filmed by Sky, using running motions, which must have related to an incident in the first half. (Quite why Sky were at Stockley Park, I don't know). Further suggestion that VAR is not quite as independent as they would have us believe.
You do realise Halsey has an agenda since being sacked

. . . . . . . . . .
Further suggestion that VAR is not quite as independent as they would have us believe.
Does anyone believe one syllable coming from anyone connected with the governance of football. Anyone whose main sport is cricket, tennis or rugby must think the football use of VAR is a sitcom, or Carry On Football starring Lee Mason as Bernard Bresswell, and Jonny Moss as Kenneth Connor, oh and Stuart Attwell as Barbara Windsor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.