VAR Thread - 2021/22

I never said there was no such thing as a match commander, just the influence you think he has on games. He is there purely to ensure VAR runs correctly. LOL

I agree re the extra time. Took close to 4 minutes to sort out the VAR, 6 subs (which should be 3 minutes in itself), 2 goals (another minute), and a couple of injuries.

This is probably more a problem with Kevin Friend. 2 or years ago he was involved in a FL game where there was a serious injury that took something like 8 minutes to sort. At the end of the game 4 minutes played,
I wasn't having a go btw. I always value your input and I stand corrected :-)

non of the above . it's doing exactly what it was brought in do . to manipulate the outcome of games . they choose pens cards offsides etc to their own agenda.
money really is the root of all evil. should they wish they have the power to give Norwich the title .

No, mate.

The VAR system, itself, is extremely sound.

The problem is the rules constituting the outcome of event. The video system doesn't tell you what's 'offside', it's there to show you the situation and the officials decide what's 'offside' or not and so on and so on.

As I've said numerous times over the years, VAR should only come in as a challenge to a ref's decision and only if the offending/ victimised team is 100% sure about the ref decision being right or wrong or the ref gets on with the game. 2 per half being the limit (that's roughly where it is now).

All this 'checking for offences', when no one has claimed for it, is bollocks as quite a lot of the time players get on with the game and that could mean incidents missed.

But, that's the game.

to answer claims of bias, even it up so to speak . the big calls only go one way.
Milner 3 yellows
Fabrino straight red
Sterling onside
that's just against us.
The Milner 3 Yellow's isn't a VAR issue as they can only get involved if it's a Red card offence. That was just bent officiating (dressed up as incompetence) from the on-field referee.

Sterling onside
That's the worst one for me as that was blatant match fixing. All the other examples were arguably wrong but as they're subjective decisions they come under the whole "clear and obvious" smoke screen.
The Sterling offside showed that somebody used the wrong frame to create a fake offside situation, ruling out a perfectly good goal. If that goal had stood we would be 4 points clear of Liverpool with 5 games to go rather than 1 point clear.
The worrying thing is that this decision hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the press, surely this is the perfect example to use when looking at whether the new VAR offside rules are working or not.
We don't even know who makes the decision of when to freeze the footage to work out the offside, is it the VAR official? The Match Commander we've heard rumours about? Somebody at Sky/BT? A technician at the ground employed by someone else entirely? A PGMOL technician maybe?

That's the worst one for me as that was blatant match fixing. All the other examples were arguably wrong but as they're subjective decisions they come under the whole "clear and obvious" smoke screen.
The Sterling offside showed that somebody used the wrong frame to create a fake offside situation, ruling out a perfectly good goal. If that goal had stood we would be 4 points clear of Liverpool with 5 games to go rather than 1 point clear.
The worrying thing is that this decision hasn't been mentioned anywhere in the press, surely this is the perfect example to use when looking at whether the new VAR offside rules are working or not.
We don't even know who makes the decision of when to freeze the footage to work out the offside, is it the VAR official? The Match Commander we've heard rumours about? Somebody at Sky/BT? A technician at the ground employed by someone else entirely? A PGMOL technician maybe?
exactly .
now go back a few weeks to Mane v WHU. Lukaku at Wembley .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.