VAR Thread - 2021/22

I believe that is why klopp is always such a twat making excuses if they lose (or draw in this case), it builds a lot of anger against refs and trys to play for sympathy with the help of the media who are happy for all the clicks the outrage generates.

The outcome is refs might think twice in future for daring to make a call against them, similar to how red nose would bully refs to get more favourable decisions.
pretty much, hence why they went 2 years without a red card.

Didnt think it was a Pen for Lukaku's goal, think he felt contact and collapsed. Thought VAR should have over ruled it.

I must say that VAR came good yesterday, giving pens for pulling players down at set pieces. It always was cheating but refs were unable to police it because they don’t have ten sets of eyes in their head.

I thought VAR had changed slightly this season to stop goals being ruled out by mm. Seems VAR has now gone back to last season standard ruling goals out by mm yet still not 100% sure when the ball leaves the foot.
The picture of laporte looked to me like the ball had already left KDB foot. So take it back a split second and laporte is on side.

Seems at best VAR is still guess at which point the ball leaves the passer or plain cheating still

The interesting one yesterday was Toney's right arm face smash into Cancello's face. Not really a fool by Cancello as Toney was backing into him but Cancello bad to be booked to allow Toney to remain on the pitch. Even then Tony should have been sent off.
I didn't think VAR was allowed to change an on field Yellow card decision?

I thought VAR had changed slightly this season to stop goals being ruled out by mm. Seems VAR has now gone back to last season standard ruling goals out by mm yet still not 100% sure when the ball leaves the foot.
The picture of laporte looked to me like the ball had already left KDB foot. So take it back a split second and laporte is on side.

Seems at best VAR is still guess at which point the ball leaves the passer or plain cheating still
The point at which offside is judged is when the foot, head or ither body part FIRST TOUCHES the ball not when it LEAVES the foot, head or body part. PGMOL and pundits get this wrong all the time but AI is close to working this out for FIFA - you can calculate the point at which contact occurs 99% of the time as ball accelerarion/deceleration is imparted by contact.
Offside for arms doesn't count and is measure at the bottom of the armpit (which is now much better).
VAR was spot on for both our goal decisions last night.

The point at which offside is judged is when the foot, head or ither body part FIRST TOUCHES the ball not when it LEAVES the foot, head or body part. PGMOL and pundits get this wrong all the time but AI is close to working this out for FIFA - you can calculate the point at which contact occurs 99% of the time as ball accelerarion/deceleration is imparted by contact.
Offside for arms doesn't count and is measure at the bottom of the armpit (which is now much better).
VAR was spot on for both our goal decisions last night.
I think they also tried that with the Foden goal, but couldn't make it look offside.

Reactions: mat

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.