VAR Thread - 2021/22

It was a sad day for football. Absolute proof that officials are either incompetent, corrupt, or both.

I switched off as soon as VAR confirmed the penalty and didn't care whether it was scored or not. The game has gone.
Got to agree,while i was fucking fuming,i was even more disappointed.

They are destroying the game we love.

Post on Rawk...
Honestly, we're the only club in the world where that foul being given as a pen is in any way controversial, let alone the practically front page news it seems to be.

Fcuk me

Fair enough, except the ones deciding by VAR aren’t in the ground and are only involved in the incident at hand. It’s a farce mate, we both know it.

it is. I’m not disagreeing

but we can’t pretend without VAR it will all be fine - the refs decisions are completely farcical

if VAR gets scrapped (I’m easy either way)

what will the reaction be when a player really does dive with zero contact

Or when a player is blatantly miles offside - not the minute fractions being debated nowdays

it’s a mess either way

if they could be more transparent and have more competent officials then VAR could work for the better (will always be controversies)

Just seen the Leeds vs Newcastle highlights on MOTD from the weekend.

I'll start off by saying, I find myself routing against Newcastle.I don't care if they get relegated, they'll be back up the following season but it will slow them down at least. Even if they do stay up, they'll soon find out what City have done wasn't easy, nor was it just a matter of how much money they had. So many of them seem to think they can follow the same "blueprint" but they can't IMO, they couldn't even if things were the same as when City did it. They don't have a local bitter rival that's the biggest club in the world as their backstory, it would be near impossible to replicate the 93:20 moment. It might be slightly unfair of me but I can only think of that meatball head, True Geordie and his absolute bile and jealousy towards City for the past 10 years. I don't know what proportion of fans shared that sentiment but I'd wager he wasn't the only one by a long shot.

Regardless of that though, watching the game, even though they were already 1-0 up. How on earth did the VAR look at the foul on Saint-Maximin in the box and say that was fine? I laughed out loud when I saw it. I seem to recall quite a few weird decisions going against them this season too. Dare I say it, that seems like the exact type we used to get against us but those have suddenly stopped this season. Is that just a co-incidence or is there something to it?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.