VAR Thread - 2021/22

We threaten and are now beating the historic 4 so we were and still are a threat to those that want to be at the top.
Newcastle are currently a big threat to Burnley, both could of course go down but the Geordies might just push Burnley into the third relegation spot.
Burnley are owned by yanks who are already in financial trouble, relegation would finish them off.....
And we can't have that.

If you want to go down that conspiracy, I doubt the big US-owned clubs give a stuff about Burnley. They'd benefit greatly from Newcastle not being in the PL and slowing any advances they may make.

They didn't show a photo of where the real contact happens. Their defender played for the ball and his challenge started outside the box, but the proper contact that brought Kevin down was on the line, imo, should have been a pen. And should have been a red card as well for the other foul.

I'm a bit surprised a photo evidence of the contact hasn't appear yet.
I have seen a photo of the foul on KDB and it certainly looked inside and apparently the commentators in America said it was a penalty? I haven't seen a photo of the handball that could have led to a penalty. It seems like the only reason VAR intervened was because City were piling on the pressure and it gave Southampton some respite. Looking at the decisions only leads me to the conclusion that they had no intention of giving City anything.

It’s time for managers and football clubs to start calling out these shocking decisions that are happening every single week.
Video replays were supposed to stop this shit.
Now it’s ten times worse because before you could account for human error, but there shouldn’t be any human error when they’ve got multiple angles of the incident.
It’s either cheating, corruption or biased.
Whatever it is it’s fucking wrong.
I wonder what "Stevie G" made of his side suffering from dubious decisions managing Villa, rather than benefitting playing for LiVARpool?

People misuse the word 'marginal'.

There was nothing marginal about the foul on Laporte, a clear red card, and nothing marginal about Firmino's jump for the ball from a clear offside position which influenced the situation. Also, wouldn't say the decision for that Jota penalty was marginal: it's clear he changes the direction of his movement in order to collide with the keeper.

Those decisions may be 'marginal' for amateurs, for professional referees they must be pretty obvious.
I have never believed in the grand conspiracy theory about the football authorities (ie that the whole structure is corrupt and they all hate City, though some people obviously do hate City) but it is a fact that certain matches have been influenced because it has been confirmed by some former referees.
I don't think it is about "brown envelopes full of cash" (at least outside betting scams) but it is obvious that some referees are cowards. They don't make decisions which undermine the biggest clubs especially LFC and MUFC who have big influence in the decison-making process which can make or break people's career as referees and in senior positions at the PL itself (even vetting the CEO's job)
It is a form of instututional corruption and the fact that someone like Mike Riley has ended up in charge of PGMOL tells you everything you need to know. I don't believe that Pawson was being corrupt with his Jota penalty decision (and it was his decision not the match referee's) but he is weak and has allowed himself to be influenced by peer-group pressure. He is ambitious and doesn't want to rock the boat with powerful people. It is a more nuanced form of a corrupt process.

I don't believe that Pawson was being corrupt with his Jota penalty decision (and it was his decision not the match referee's) but he is weak and has allowed himself to be influenced by peer-group pressure. He is ambitious and doesn't want to rock the boat with powerful people. It is a more nuanced form of a corrupt process.

My take as well.

What made his decision worse was that he allowed the 2nd goal. He made two bad mistakes in a single game: not because he literally took money to do it, but because he is a coward.

Last edited:
Absolutely 100% agree so much so I’m considering throwing in my season ticket. The penalty given to Liverpool was without doubt just plain cheating. the Foul that was never given to city is just unbelievably bad refereeing.
Same here, think I'm going to chuck ours in at the end of this season. Before it was implemented I was a big fan of VAR being introduced, but its so secretive and at best being implemented very poorly with no accountability and at worst it would appear to be corrupt. I don't go to a game to have the result changed by very spurious decisions with no accountability. Fixing games makes going pointless and these decisions are tantamount to fixing the game imo.

I have seen a photo of the foul on KDB and it certainly looked inside and apparently the commentators in America said it was a penalty? I haven't seen a photo of the handball that could have led to a penalty. It seems like the only reason VAR intervened was because City were piling on the pressure and it gave Southampton some respite. Looking at the decisions only leads me to the conclusion that they had no intention of giving City anything.

its not giving manchester city anything that we care about and we don't need help from nobody. its all about being fair and doing your job proper. being cheated is the most hated thing by me and it hurts. we are watching greatness with this manchester city team and they should not be trying its best to stop us.

they would be raving and shouting from the roof tops if it was united or liverpool but its not. we are little old man city that won the lotto and don't deserve it ?

Last edited:
Repeating myself:
GET RID OF VAR.

The problem isn't VAR, but how they use VAR. They can influence a game without VAR as well, like the referee in our game with Southampton: he didn't give the foul on Kevin and he didn't show a red card for the foul on Laporte. They don't need VAR to make such "mistakes" and influence games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.