VAR Thread - 2021/22

Question about VAR and its ability to use the advantage rule.

If an attacking team has a stonewall penalty not given, the ball gets cleared, but they score before/as the penalty review is completed, does the goal stand, or does it go back for the penalty?
It goes back for a penalty. Unless the ground is Anfield, the penalty is given away by ‘Trent’ and the VAR is mysteriously ‘not working’

Interesting question. I think under a strict interpretation of the laws it would possibly still have to go back for the penalty
That’s what I was thinking too, but if that is the case, it needs looking at. (Unless Raheem needs a goal to complete his perfect hat trick, of course!)

Question about VAR and its ability to use the advantage rule.

If an attacking team has a stonewall penalty not given, the ball gets cleared, but they score before/as the penalty review is completed, does the goal stand, or does it go back for the penalty?

I would expect the goal would stand, as the ref would be highly unlikely to be given a recommendation to review it on the monitor.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.