VAR Thread - 2021/22

Or how about in the interim, an opponent gets a red card for A DOGSO that doesn’t happen when going back for the penalty. Could the attacking team choose the decision they want? Red card or penalty.

As far as I can tell, the card should be rescinded.

"9. If play continues after an incident which is then reviewed, any disciplinary action taken/required during the post-incident period is not cancelled, even if the original decision is changed (except a caution/sending-off for stopping or interfering with a promising attack or DOGSO)."

So a bad tackle would keep the punishment, but a cynical tugback which stops play would not.

I would imagine the goal would stand.

However, if the penalty incident would have been a red card offence I'm not so sure.

I once had an incident where the keeper brought down the striker. Before I could blow the striker got to his feet and rolled the ball into the empty net. Great I thought. Everyone is going to think "great advantage" & saved the keeper being sent off. After the game the assessor pulled me up saying that you should never play advantage on a red card offence.

However, if the penalty incident would have been a red card offence I'm not so sure.

I once had an incident where the keeper brought down the striker. Before I could blow the striker got to his feet and rolled the ball into the empty net. Great I thought. Everyone is going to think "great advantage" & saved the keeper being sent off. After the game the assessor pulled me up saying that you should never play advantage on a red card offence.
I hope you pulled the red card out of your pocket and showed him it :)

If you didn't have time to blow, surely you can't stop play, and didn't play advantage as such?

How can VAR be so certain that the other Brighton defender would not have got to the ball before the utd player. That is not a clear and obvious error. The yellow card decision should not have been overturned.

How can VAR be so certain that the other Brighton defender would not have got to the ball before the utd player. That is not a clear and obvious error. The yellow card decision should not have been overturned.
In sporting terms, no, In business and entertainment terms then it’s a correct decision … for the brand.

The PL taints its own product knowing that the majority will just waive it away, as that majority plays in red. Only when the red clubs call each other out is when the PL/PGMOL have to play with a straight bat.

In sporting terms, no, In business and entertainment terms then it’s a correct decision … for the brand.

The PL taints its own product knowing that the majority will just waive it away, as that majority plays in red. Only when the red clubs call each other out is when the PL/PGMOL have to play with a straight bat.
I would only say that the majority isn't the two red clubs. The vast majority support other clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.