VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
“You can see in a stadium whether a goal is contentious or not. Players’ reactions and length of time to make the decision are the biggest indicators.”
Yes, the City players knew Rodri was never being credited with that “contentious “ goal. And none of the fans celebrated.Night night.
That is an extreme, rare occasion.

How many goals were disallowed for handball in the entirety of last season in the PL and CL?

In the PL, 47 goals were awarded that would have been disallowed by VAR last season, whilst 43 were disallowed.

Most of those will have been for offside. I reckon under 10 in 1000+ goals were chalked off for handball last season in the PL.

#Niche

Celebrate goal. Wait 3 minutes. Stop celebrating. Its insanity to suggest it doesnt spoil it. It doesn't matter about whether it happens for or against city. As a spectacle. As a mode on enjoyment, visceral release, whatever you want to call it, it's being sanitised and thats insanity.
Spot on

Celebrate goal. Wait 3 minutes. Stop celebrating. Its insanity to suggest it doesnt spoil it. It doesn't matter about whether it happens for or against city. As a spectacle. As a mode on enjoyment, visceral release, whatever you want to call it, it's being sanitised and thats insanity.
It happens in less than 5-10% of goals.

No one at the derby didn’t celebrate any of the goals. Even the one everyone thought Foden was offside for!

It spoils the game for at least 90% (probably a lot more) of fans. It kills the elation mate for nearly all of us.
It doesn’t.

No one left the derby bemoaning they didn’t enjoy it just in case VAR had made them celebrate when a goal might have been disallowed.

It spoils it when, on the rare occasion, it does disallow a goal and we revert to these types of debate again.

It happens in less than 5-10% of goals.

No one at the derby didn’t celebrate any of the goals. Even the one everyone thought Foden was offside for!
But when you know it has a 5-10% chance of being chalked off you don't celebrate properly. Each to their own and if you like it then I'm pleased for you but I genuinely have not met one fan face to face who likes it. Only read 1 or 2 on here.

But when you know it has a 5-10% chance of being chalked off you don't celebrate properly. Each to their own and if you like it then I'm pleased for you but I genuinely have not met one fan face to face who likes it. Only read 1 or 2 on here.
Did you celebrate all 6 Goals in the derby or sit on your hands waiting for the rags to kick off before jumping up?

It doesn’t.

No one left the derby bemoaning they didn’t enjoy it just in case VAR had made them celebrate when a goal might have been disallowed.

It spoils it when, on the rare occasion, it does disallow a goal and we revert to these types of debate again.
You'r ewrong there mate... for me anyway and thousands and thousands of others. I hardly ever celebrate a goal like I used to, and when I forget myself and do, it's disallowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.