VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But when you know it has a 5-10% chance of being chalked off you don't celebrate properly. Each to their own and if you like it then I'm pleased for you but I genuinely have not met one fan face to face who likes it. Only read 1 or 2 on here.
I don’t even particularly like it, I’m just not knee jerk reacting to it and I can live with it.

You'r ewrong there mate... for me anyway and thousands and thousands of others. I hardly ever celebrate a goal like I used to, and when I forget myself and do, it's disallowed.
Well, all I can say is that I feel for you and hope you can work out a way to do so again. It’s not going away.

It doesn’t.

No one left the derby bemoaning they didn’t enjoy it just in case VAR had made them celebrate when a goal might have been disallowed.

It spoils it when, on the rare occasion, it does disallow a goal and we revert to these types of debate again.
If you have someone (or many people) saying it spoils the game, then you can't say it doesn't spoil the game. Rodri Arsenal last year is a prime example, I celebrated then immediately thought, oh fuck, then waited and then then elation, but it wasn't the same. It isn't the same.

Did you celebrate all 6 Goals in the derby or sit on your hands waiting for the rags to kick off before jumping up?
No I sort of jumped up, then waited with a big smile on my face then was relieved. It's not like jumping up, looking at the linesman and then going mental. I NEVER go mental now. It's the only thing I ever used to get excited about being autistic. Now I don't even have that lol. I FUCKIN HATE VAR. It's taken away soooo much

If you have someone (or many people) saying it spoils the game, then you can't say it doesn't spoil the game. Rodri Arsenal last year is a prime example, I celebrated then immediately thought, oh fuck, then waited and then then elation, but it wasn't the same. It isn't the same.
Ok. I don’t know what to say. I’m sorry it makes you feel that way.

Agreed. I thought I was getting used to it but it's becoming a joke again
It isn’t really. It still only happens in a very small amount of games.

It‘s just fresh in our heads at the moment.

I doubt anyone will remember anything about this game in a few months.

Its not your fault!! I just hate it, truly hate it. Have done since day one. I'm not even a FOC!
And that’s your right! You may well be right! It’ll get better and quicker over time, but it does stop 100% spontaneity, although it went mad round me at the derby. I didn’t hear anything about VAR until goal number 6!

It isn’t really. It still only happens in a very small amount of games.

It‘s just fresh in our heads at the moment.

I doubt anyone will remember anything about this game in a few months.
It's nearly every game mate - not just City's. It seemed to calm down and they seemed to be getting it right but they've obviously had a meeting and got bored and decided to find as many ways as they can to chalk off goals. It's not even 90% accurate either. We haven't even got the technology yet to use it accurately. Where's the proof that the ball has actually been kicked by the assister? It's a farce. But if you and Bluehammer say it's brilliant then we should all just accept it. Tossers!! Haha...Only joking :) I'm glad it doesn't spoil it for you and whoever else - but I fuckin hate it. It's not ruined it for me, but it's taken out the spontaneity out of football for me, and for someone who does find spontaneity easy, that a big shame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.