VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's nearly every game mate - not just City's. It seemed to calm down and they seemed to be getting it right but they've obviously had a meeting and got bored and decided to find as many ways as they can to chalk off goals. It's not even 90% accurate either. We haven't even got the technology yet to use it accurately. Where's the proof that the ball has actually been kicked by the assister? It's a farce. But if you and Bluehammer say it's brilliant then we should all just accept it. Tossers!! Haha...Only joking :) I'm glad it doesn't spoil it for you and whoever else - but I fuckin hate it. It's not ruined it for me, but it's taken out the spontaneity out of football for me, and for someone who does find spontaneity easy, that a big shame
When did VAR last disallow one of our goals? I genuinely don’t know.

If nobody had asked for it, we wouldn’t have it. The biggest opponents of it for years were the football authorities, on the grounds that they’d be effectively creating two sets of laws of the game. One for games using technology and one for the vast majority of games that won’t. They eventually caved in due to relentless pressure from the media, those involved in the game and fans.

Very well said, fans have very short memory’s of the uproar from officials decisions - it was this uproar when something had to give - and they bought in VAR to try and help officials
The same fans that constantly moaned and abused the refs now wish to go back to that.

When did VAR last disallow one of our goals? I genuinely don’t know.
That's not the point. And people who it doesn't effect just don't get it - no offence intended. Just by the fact that it is there and will disallow any goal for being a mm offside means I and many others cant get that YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS feeling anymore. Oh well. It's not life and death ;)

That's not the point. And people who it doesn't effect just don't get it - no offence intended. Just by the fact that it is there and will disallow any goal for being a mm offside means I and many others cant get that YEEEESSSSSSSSSSS feeling anymore. Oh well. It's not life and death ;)
About 4.5 hours ago :)
It kind of is the point. This is the first goal we’ve had disallowed by VAR this season, in what 12 games?

Very well said, fans have very short memory’s of the uproar from officials decisions - it was this uproar when something had to give - and they bought in VAR to try and help officials
The same fans that constantly moaned and abused the refs now wish to go back to that.
I'd take relegation to go back to that! Honestly. But maybe that's just me being selfish.

About 4.5 hours ago :)
Haha good point
It kind of is the point. This is the first goal we’ve had disallowed by VAR this season, in what 12 games?
Aaaaagh that's only because we've scored perfect goals. As soon as we're an imaginary mm offside it'll be swiped. Oh bollox to it. It's like arguing with my missus. She's always right as well haha

But if you and Bluehammer say it's brilliant then we should all just accept it.

This is what’s funny, we have never once said it’s ‘brilliant’ we’ve never once said we ‘love var’ yet it’s constantly spouted - all because we don’t join in with saying it’s ‘killed’ football, when clearly it hasn’t for the vast majority and we can accept no form of officiating will please

We just want the refs and officials to have some form of technological help and a second look rather than no help and blind decisions being made - we can also accept the odd f*ck up and live in hope they’ll find ways to improve it

Also, I’ve repeatedly said I’d scrap VAR if fans really did accept farcical wrong decisions being made on a far more regular basis than now - but that simply won’t happen

Haha good point

Aaaaagh that's only because we've scored perfect goals. As soon as we're an imaginary mm offside it'll be swiped. Oh bollox to it. It's like arguing with my missus. She's always right as well haha
You have as much right as me to moan about VAR.

All I’m trying to show you is that it really isn’t a regular occurrence and it shouldn’t effect how you spontaneously react to a goal being scored.

1/44 of our goals have been disallowed so far this season. 2.27%.

This is what’s funny, we have never once said it’s ‘brilliant’ we’ve never once said we ‘love var’ yet it’s constantly spouted - all because we don’t join in with saying it’s ‘killed’ football, when clearly it hasn’t for the vast majority and we can accept no form of officiating will please

We just want the refs and officials to have some form of technological help and a second look rather than no help and blind decisions being made - we can also accept the odd f*ck up and live in hope they’ll find ways to improve it

Also, I’ve repeatedly said I’d scrap VAR if fans really did accept farcical wrong decisions being made on a far more regular basis than now - but that simply won’t happen
If you read the next sentence in my post you quoted then you'll realise I was joking. Good for you if you don't mind it. I wish I didn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.