VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I normally sulk like a baby and refuse to watch highlights when we’ve lost. But I’ve just forced myself to watch Match of the Day. I was as a pissed off as anyone yesterday but I have to say in the sober light of the next day, my anger has subsided a bit. It was a foul by Haaland. I’d still probably be a bit annoyed because of the context of the way the rest of the game was refereed. But that’s tempered by the fact, I’m pretty sure Haaland kicked the ball when the ‘keeper had a hand on it anyway, so I doubt the goal would have stood.

More annoyed with the defending for the goal now more than anything. Both by DeBruyne and Cancello.
Why should a foul before a goal be judged anymore harshly than the 442 other similar fouls that Taylor let go ?

Var was for clear and obvious mistakes, not to forensically analyse the 15 minutes before a goal is scored. Var looked several times at the Alison/Haaland contact and because they couldn't find a reason to disallow it, went further back in play. Haaland and the scouse twat were competing for the ball knowing that was the kind of challenge Taylor was allowing. To then punish him is wrong and it means Taylor had referred the entire game incorrectly.

If that was Salah and Diaz do you think they would have said it was a foul ? No chance.

So you agree with the Var decision Alan ?
You believe that Taylor looked at the screen and said ah yes I missed that it was a clear and obvious mistake by me it was foul and it was far worse than the 442 fouls I had previously allowed so I will cancel out the goal.

Why should a foul before a goal be judged anymore harshly than the 442 other similar fouls that Taylor let go ?

Var was for clear and obvious mistakes, not to forensically analyse the 15 minutes before a goal is scored. Var looked several times at the Alison/Haaland contact and because they couldn't find a reason to disallow it, went further back in play. Haaland and the scouse twat were competing for the ball knowing that was the kind of challenge Taylor was allowing. To then punish him is wrong and it means Taylor had referred the entire game incorrectly.

If that was Salah and Diaz do you think they would have said it was a foul ? No chance.
I've just dared to watch MOTD. They mentioned that, by the way, they had been told that the non-goal would have been ruled out anyway, due to Haaland's foul on Allison. So why, then, bring it all the way back to the shirt pull? Conspiricy theorist I am not - and agree Haaland fouled the geezer - though surely the keeper incident (if it was a foul) would be the call?

But you’ve just made that up. You’ve no idea what the VAR looked at and in what order.

I've just dared to watch MOTD. They mentioned that, by the way, they had been told that the non-goal would have been ruled out anyway, due to Haaland's foul on Allison. So why, then, bring it all the way back to the shirt pull? Conspiricy theorist I am not - and agree Haaland fouled the geezer - though surely the keeper incident (if it was a foul) would be the call?
That makes no sense though. The goal is scored, a very quick check is done for offside then they look at the Haaland/Alison incident. They decide no foul so review the play before it. You can't do it the other way round as where do you start. Var looked at the Alison incident first, they must have.

But you’ve just made that up. You’ve no idea what the VAR looked at and in what order.
I am using common sense. The obvious first point of call is the Haaland/Alison incident. Why would anyone look at anything else first ? That incident was what the players were complaining about. It was what Sky were focused on. Why go back in play to watch the build up ?

I am using common sense. The obvious first point of call is the Haaland/Alison incident. Why would anyone look at anything else first ? That incident was what the players were complaining about. It was what Sky were focused on. Why go back in play to watch the build up ?

For the exact reason that what happened happened. VAR had identified two potential fouls. It would make no sense wasting time on the second one until or unless the first one was deemed no foul. Then the second one became irrelevant.

So you agree with the Var decision Alan ?
You believe that Taylor looked at the screen and said ah yes I missed that it was a clear and obvious mistake by me it was foul and it was far worse than the 442 fouls I had previously allowed so I will cancel out the goal.
I think it was a foul, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.