VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send any Liverpool fan a pic of his “handball” and they instantly reply with Rodri at Goodison. it’s not just Klopp’s brain where we live Rent free
I don’t interact in banter with other fans. It’s wholly tiresome and repetitive whilst not addressing any point either side try to make.

Here is the relevant part of Law 12 regarding goalkeeper having control of the ball.

c7f000281b2f256b8c6d233e05ef03c5.jpg
Exactly what does the last part of the first bullet point mean?

"... unless the ball rebounds from the goalkeeper or the goalkeeper has made a save."

I have no idea what they are trying to say.

Who says Taylor had a choice ? Refs 99 times out of a hundred do what var 'suggests'. There is a reason why they do.
A referee last week was asked to look at an incident on the monitor and he stuck with his original decision. He was much less experienced than Taylor. As I say, I think Taylor is weak in high pressure situations. He caved in to player pressure and fan pressure when he disallowed the goal.

A referee last week was asked to look at an incident on the monitor and he stuck with his original decision. He was much less experienced than Taylor. As I say, I think Taylor is weak in high pressure situations. He caved in to player pressure and fan pressure when he disallowed the goal.
Probably because he cant be truthful because he gets hounded by plastic fans everyday calling him a **** and threatening his family….

Did VAR do it’s job and CSI investigate Salad bowls LA Lakers esq ball control to help him score?
There is nothing definitive on Salah's potential handball. I didn't notice any pause for a check though. They say all goals are checked. Surely the goal warranted proper scrutiny like the Mahrez handball midweek.

Well they didn’t really bother highlighting it much on Match of the Day, as it was irrelevant in the end. But it did look like he had the ball trapped between his hand and the ground to me, which would make it a foul with what you’ve reproduced.
I thought that the keeper had to have both hands on the ball?
Ask yourself this - if Phils' goal had been scored by the dippers, would it have been disallowed?
(Answers on a postcard to
VAR panel
Stockley Park).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.