VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the instant he handles the ball, which is obscured by this video (hence why it is being used by Liverpool supporters to “prove” there was no hand ball). You can see in the angle behind Salah when the balls trajectory changes in to his path rather than away from it (which was the initial angle of exit from the bounce).

Why use a poorer quality video from only one odd angle to try to prove a point made with a video from every conceivable angle?

A59180-F2-5-EF5-4-C9-C-95-F2-307-B56-D938-F2.jpg
Was that taken Io, or on a Samsung potato?

That certainly clears everything up.

Well, that puts that to bed.

Also shows up the people showing certain angles to “prove” the cheating.

Problem is … how many will watch that Twitter video of the ‘handball’ and go pub and spout how VAR is corrupt that they didn’t give it … then it’s that mindset that just sticks and adds to the whole mess

Problem is … how many will watch that Twitter video of the ‘handball’ and go pub and spout how VAR is corrupt that they didn’t give it … then it’s that mindset that just sticks and adds to the whole mess
It’s a perpetuating issue. Fans will much rather claim they were cheated out of a result than admit they deserved to lose a game.

The same happens in politics. Whataboutery is rife, sadly.

It’s a perpetuating issue. Fans will much rather claim they were cheated out of a result than admit they deserved to lose a game.

The same happens in politics. Whataboutery is rife, sadly.

Think some just enjoy being perpetually outraged

*just realised I nicked your perpetual word

Think some just enjoy being perpetually outraged
It’s partially that and partially that their perception of sport being corrupt without being able to let their support go.

Officials have always made mistakes and will continue to do so with VAR, just to a lesser extent.

Subjective decisions will never be accepted unless they are for your team and to be ridiculed when they go against them.

What you have yet to experience is when you’re in a title race or a knockout tie that VAR is involved in. It’s particularly grim when it’s crucial, like Sterling’s goal being disallowed against Spurs was a few years back.

All other decisions have been easier for me to take as they haven’t been crucial.

No as there is no clamour anywhere but here and on City twitter. Even then it took almost a day to come out.

Not sure that’s deemed clear and obvious to those that rant about everything needing to be clear and obvious.
@Alan Harper's Tash I agree. When we turn dipperish and claim everything, (the handball) is corrupt, then we are at risk of staying dipper.
The argument should be focused on the Foden goal and as proof it was wrong to disallow it, quote Pep.
I can accept that Noggin the Nog fouled the dipper but, that kind of foul had been allowed all game and, fell within the brief Taylor gave the manager, (Peps words) then we have been done over by Taylor and Var.

@Alan Harper's Tash I agree. When we turn dipperish and claim everything, (the handball) is corrupt, then we are at risk of staying dipper.
The argument should be focused on the Foden goal and as proof it was wrong to disallow it, quote Pep.
I can accept that Noggin the Nog fouled the dipper but, that kind of foul had been allowed all game and, fell within the brief Taylor gave the manager, (Peps words) then we have been done over by Taylor and Var.
I don’t disagree. Taylor could have looked at it and said, you know what? That’s no different than the other shit I’ve let go today.

It‘s harder to do that when you see a yank of a jersey on a monitor.

On top of that, had he let that 50/50 go, he then has to look at the Alisson challenge, which is another 50/50 at best.

Law of averages suggest that goal was never going to be allowed.

I don’t disagree. Taylor could have looked at it and said, you know what? That’s no different than the other shit I’ve let go today.

It‘s harder to do that when you see a yank of a jersey on a monitor.

On top of that, had he let that 50/50 go, he then has to look at the Alisson challenge, which is another 50/50 at best.

Law of averages suggest that goal was never going to be allowed.
There were two potential infringements in the build up to the goal. In my view, the first foul should not have led to the goal being disallowed, because Taylor said he wouldn't penalise this type of foul, and he refereed the game in that manner.

The second infringement was kicking the ball whilst Allison had it under control. This didn't fall within Taylor's edict of leniency.

I think the goal was disallowed for the foul though, which was a poor decision in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.