VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that the keeper had to have both hands on the ball?
Ask yourself this - if Phils' goal had been scored by the dippers, would it have been disallowed?
(Answers on a postcard to
VAR panel
Stockley Park).

Well you thought wrong. And while nobody expects every single football fan to read the laws of the game from cover to cover before they offer an opinion, it goes some way to explaining why referees rarely fail to stick to their original decision when advised by VAR to reconsider. Because despite popular opinion they both do know the laws of the game.

Fair reply
You've answered your first question straight away, so yes. It was a foul. correct decision

The responsibility should lie with the ref not VAR, if he deems that not much of a foul in the context of the game then it's on him to ignore the VAR and it's on him to make the ultimate decision when seeing it on the monitor.

I personally think there is a difference of allowing some argy bargy go throughout the game but when it leads to a goal then the correct decision has to take precedent, think we've seen that in the history of the game - a couple of challenges go unpunished in the middle of the pitch or waved play on, but in the area it's given a penalty no matter what (for example)

I'm definitely in favour for comm's/transparency argument - not sure it would solve much but still be good to know what was said.
Finally. 'The responsibility should be with the ref'.

This is the instant he handles the ball, which is obscured by this video (hence why it is being used by Liverpool supporters to “prove” there was no hand ball). You can see in the angle behind Salah when the balls trajectory changes in to his path rather than away from it (which was the initial angle of exit from the bounce).

Why use a poorer quality video from only one odd angle to try to prove a point made with a video from every conceivable angle?

A59180-F2-5-EF5-4-C9-C-95-F2-307-B56-D938-F2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.