VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously he did not remember Sterlings goal ruled out against them for offside last season when it was proved later he was onside and they used the wrong frame.
Sadly its not the technology but the useless officials using it thats the issue
It's both.

The camera frame rate isn't sufficiently fast enough to be able to tell if a player running at full speed is on or offside at the exact moment the pass is played, so they effectively have to guess.

I'm willing to bet that most of our 'guesses' have been unfavourable.

Can't get my head around the "Semi automated" wording of the implementation, it's either automated or it isn't.

I suggest that there will be wiggle room for some of the strange decisions we have right now.
Simple.

Red shirt automated.

Blue shirt, made up to order.

Can't get my head around the "Semi automated" wording of the implementation, it's either automated or it isn't.

I suggest that there will be wiggle room for some of the strange decisions we have right now.
Hence semi automated. It provides the image, the person provides the decision. Therefore this thread will be 300 pages long by the time the world cup interrupts our season.

Hence semi automated. It provides the image, the person provides the decision. Therefore this thread will be 300 pages long by the time the world cup interrupts our season.
Indeed.

Iran score a 94th minute winner against Engerland. Semi automated offside decides a beard hair is offside.

It will always implement changes to improve and make it better (nothing will ever satisfy)

But rather VAR adapt and improve than scrapping it for Refs and officials to make complete blind guesses

How expensive is this thing? Wouldn't they be better using the money to train match officials better? Offside is only one element where decisions can affect the outcome of a game, after all.

I must be getting old, I am missing the days when linesmen gave offside by sight when anybody was offside when the ball was played and handball was only handball if it was deliberate. Subjective, maybe, and they got it wrong sometimes but, you know, these things even out over a season. :)

Isn't there some sort of "law" that says the harder you try to get something perfect, the more impossible it becomes? If there isn't, there should be .....

How expensive is this thing? Wouldn't they be better using the money to train match officials better? Offside is only one element where decisions can affect the outcome of a game, after all.

I must be getting old, I am missing the days when linesmen gave offside by sight when anybody was offside when the ball was played and handball was only handball if it was deliberate. Subjective, maybe, and they got it wrong sometimes but, you know, these things even out over a season. :)

Isn't there some sort of "law" that says the harder you try to get something perfect, the more impossible it becomes? If there isn't, there should be .....
Someone will be along in a minute to say you're wrong.

We are trying to hard to be 100% accurate just so Spitty and Co can't spend 20 minutes destroying the ref.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.