VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's both.

The camera frame rate isn't sufficiently fast enough to be able to tell if a player running at full speed is on or offside at the exact moment the pass is played, so they effectively have to guess.

I'm willing to bet that most of our 'guesses' have been unfavourable.
If they are sensible with the margin of error that is get aroundable

Not if they build in a transparent sensible margin of error. Could be good this
Colina has said it’ll be like the goal line decisions, in that you’re either onside or you’re offside. The only thing up for debate will be interfering with play, phase of play and last touch etc. I don’t mind as long as it’s quick!

Anyone read the replies to the twitter post ?
Second one in is a dipper moaning about 2014 ! He even includes the match.... City v them when their goal was ruled offside. 2014 ffs you sad bastard. Let it go.
Given Clattenburg’s scandalous display at anfield later in the season, I think things more than evened out

I wonder what the impact of doing away with the offside rule altogether would be? I guess games would be much higher scoring (good for the yanks) but the rule would be removed for both sides, notwithstanding that the teams in red would find another niche to exploit.... but at least it would do away with all these was he, wasn't he arguments.

If you allow a margin for error, say 2cm (excessive I know), the argument will just evolve to being was he 2cm or was 2.000001cm? It is a never ending point of debate which will always be used to favour the chosen few.... sadly.

If you allow a margin for error, say 2cm (excessive I know), the argument will just evolve to being was he 2cm or was 2.000001cm? It is a never ending point of debate which will always be used to favour the chosen few.... sadly.
They have made relatively easy decisions hard. Even with VAR in current use its usually easy to spot if a player's feet are either in front or behind the other players feet. If behind, or even level the player should be judged on side. Not rocket science is it. After all, the game is called football,so why should other parts of your body be classed as offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.