VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
YEP!! I hold my hands up, the ref cant possibly be expected to see this. I stand corrected ffs
Ffs I didn’t know I dealt with a one brain cell fan. Mate what do you not understand ( last attempt):
I agree with you the ref should have it.
The handball was indeed a fact.
The ref by purpose disregarded the handball IS an interpretation because you can’t see where he is looking at.
And my point was just to say this is where VAR is ment for.

Does anyone know who owns, installs and maintains the VAR cameras? Is it the clubs, pigmol or someone else? If there are blindspots at grounds then who's job is it to rectify those and who is making that decision? If you can't have a full var experience at every league game the whole thing should be scrapped

I was at the game yesterday and the unknown VAR check doesn't really bother me that much as you get a chance to stand up, sing a song at the ref, and ask your mates what the hell is going on. It's part of the theatre for me. Better communication after the game would be welcome however.

I was at the game yesterday and the unknown VAR check doesn't really bother me that much as you get a chance to stand up, sing a song at the ref, and ask your mates what the hell is going on. It's part of the theatre for me. Better communication after the game would be welcome however.

Fair enough. More of a problem for checking goals, perhaps, from the fans' view? Losing spontaneity? Or isn't that an issue for you either? Interested in your view.

Does anyone know who owns, installs and maintains the VAR cameras? Is it the clubs, pigmol or someone else? If there are blindspots at grounds then who's job is it to rectify those and who is making that decision? If you can't have a full var experience at every league game the whole thing should be scrapped

That's OK for you but I haven't got any mates.

Fair enough. More of a problem for checking goals, perhaps, from the fans' view? Losing spontaneity? Or isn't that an issue for you either? Interested in your view.
Pretty sure getting a goal disallowed by var is gutting for everyone especially last minute winners but Im not one of those that waits for the ref to point to the centre before celebrating a goal. But if there is a var check then the goal is given you get to celebrate twice ;)

Any delay in football kills spontaneity and long var checks in the ground can be frustrating but it adds to the tension of the game. A long wait whilst a player takes a goal kick, fakes injury or a lino needs to get his radio replaced are much worse for me

Because the year pre VAR (the previous highest) there wasa season average of 38k per match for the prem... Last season it was 39k ...
However, Tottenham have increased capacity by 20k per home match and , Huddersfield, West Brom, Swansea and Watford have all been replaced by much bigger supported clubs in Aston Villa, Leeds, Nots Forest and Wolves.
The overall ground capacity has risen by 44k per week but attendance by less than 1k. Grounds are therefore less full with bigger supported clubs in the league..

Ok, so have those average attendances decreased for stadiums that still hold the same capacity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.