VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know who sets the cameras up for VAR use but I imagine it would be connected to whoever maintains the other VAR equipment. The problem at Anfield wasn’t a blind spot but that the camera(s) that captured the incident hadn’t been calibrated for VAR use. This image is from what they call the high tactical camera, which isn’t calibrated for VAR use.

3eb1432978f6a09b5ee3a883b672c743.jpg

Why there wasn’t a better placed camera that was calibrated I’ve no idea. Whether it’s an Anfield issue or ITV or whoever they contract out the camera work to?

What hasn’t been mentioned by the conspiracy brigade is that the only other time I’m aware of this problem happening is when an Arsenal goal stood against Liverpool earlier in the season at The Emirates because no camera that captured Saka out near the touchline was calibrated for VAR use.

When they eventually bring in semi automated offside technology, where every player is tracked, it’ll remove this issue.

the dippers might have udeservedly won a trophy by then though

It's more evidence to the fact that the VAR setup at Anfield is not up to scratch, and therefor wide open to corruption.

Possibly. Or maybe the VAR had one quick look and decided it was onside? I honestly can’t remember it in enough detail to remember if it was a really close one that couldn’t be decided without lines or close but easy enough to see with a freeze frame.

I keep seeing this clip as proof of something dodgy but the linesman isn’t even in it. Some other guy accused me of deliberately ignoring the full clip that apparently clearly shows the linesman running back to the half way line until the referee orders him to stop and stick his flag up. Do we know where this full clip is available to view out of interest?
Well, everyone that attended the match confirmed that the linesman did not raise his flag until after Wolves scored (and after Madley seemingly gestured to him to raise his flag).

But if you want to see it yourself, you can watch the end of these highlights, which shows when Madley gestures to the linesman to raise his flag (after the ball was in the back of the net), then Madley whistles, and the commentator indicates the flag has gone up.

I don’t know who sets the cameras up for VAR use but I imagine it would be connected to whoever maintains the other VAR equipment. The problem at Anfield wasn’t a blind spot but that the camera(s) that captured the incident hadn’t been calibrated for VAR use. This image is from what they call the high tactical camera, which isn’t calibrated for VAR use.

3eb1432978f6a09b5ee3a883b672c743.jpg

Why there wasn’t a better placed camera that was calibrated I’ve no idea. Whether it’s an Anfield issue or ITV or whoever they contract out the camera work to?

What hasn’t been mentioned by the conspiracy brigade is that the only other time I’m aware of this problem happening is when an Arsenal goal stood against Liverpool earlier in the season at The Emirates because no camera that captured Saka out near the touchline was calibrated for VAR use.

When they eventually bring in semi automated offside technology, where every player is tracked, it’ll remove this issue.
You’re describing the blind spot in the VAR offside assessment system at Anfield and then saying there is no blind spot.

I think someone may have a blind spot when it comes to VAR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.