VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Webb has said he’s looking at releasing some audio after certain games, as he did when he was in charge in America. It won’t be live though, for now at least. You’d have to ask him or draw your own conclusions why that is. I could guess but what would be the point of that?

I’m not aware that United and Liverpool have substantially different set ups. The only previous case I’ve heard about in England with a similar problem as the other night was in the Arsenal V Liverpool game at The Emirates. Again I can only guess but I assume there is a minimum number of suitable camera areas that are required, which every club adhere to but most clubs have more than the minimum.
Certain games ! Brentford v Crystal Palace ?

To all you var lovers (not you spammer) please tell me how a Premier league club can decide how many Var cameras they have in their ground. If you are unsure what I mean, Google it, there can be between 4 and 8. Why ? It should be a set number for every club with set positions for the cameras. A uniformed consistent approach to show no favours, no hint of bias or corruption.
I'm waiting.

To all you var lovers (not you spammer) please tell me how a Premier league club can decide how many Var cameras they have in their ground. If you are unsure what I mean, Google it, there can be between 4 and 8. Why ? It should be a set number for every club with set positions for the cameras. A uniformed consistent approach to show no favours, no hint of bias or corruption.
I'm waiting.

the rags and dippers voted against that ?

Clattenburg didn’t even book him, never mind send him off. He hugged him instead. The corrupt wanker

Would he have stayed on if there was VAR ?

And people wonder why I call for it

Players could smash someone in the face without officials noticing and get away with it , it’s a joke some would rather this way

Would he have stayed if there was VAR ?

Players could smash someone in the face without officials noticing and get away with it , it’s a joke
I would hope not but who knows with the way it’s applied here
I’m actually in favour of VAR but not how we do it here
Actually think it worked well overall at the World Cup
No reason whatsoever for the discussions not to be broadcast like in rugby or cricket, except for class based bias about football fans not being able to behave

Would he have stayed on if there was VAR ?

Players could smash someone in the face without officials noticing and get away with it , it’s a joke some would rather this way
Some players stomp other player’s heads (or run their studs down the achilles of other players) now and face no consequences.

Certain games ! Brentford v Crystal Palace ?

You’d have to watch the full interview but from memory I don’t think he specified. I think the implication was in games that there had been a bit of controversy, where it might be of interest to hear exactly what the communication had been.

I’ve literally just explained that some grounds have substantially fewer cameras, including Liverpool.

And what is even better is if you would stop building strawman arguments every other post. That would be brilliant.

To build any argument, strawman or otherwise, would involve arguing for or against something. I did neither. I merely stated a fact that at the time of writing I had no knowledge what the requirements are for the number of cameras and which grounds have what number. You have my full apologies if I somehow missed a previous post of yours with a link to this information.

Some players stomp other player’s heads (or run their studs down the achilles of other players) now and face no consequences.

So just to clarify - majority would rather go back to how it was officiated before (reckless tackles and elbows and penalty’s galore in favour of Man Utd with no consequences) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.