VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've probably done the disallowed goal to death, but we've not even touched on the blatant mistake for the Salah goal.

Below is the law clarification issued for this season by the PL.

I didn't see the header by the Wolves defender as a save, but Madley, his assistants, VAR Dean, and whoever briefed the TV studios did.

One can forgive Madley for failing to fully understand that piece of advice yet. After all, it is only his full time job, for which he gets paid between £70,000 to £200,000 per year.

Stick a couple of plausible explanations out there though. Everyone will lap it up, and one team benefits from two extremely dubious decisions.
4e8fbab4074638402b99f878c287ffbc.jpg

Lino was on his way back to the halfway line, no thought of a flag until instructed.

So he was acting exactly as he should do if he was no issue of offside ?

But that can't be right because Madeley is such an outstanding referee, of great integrity, and he could clearly see that the decision was incorrect, and in no way would be be influenced because the dippers were at home .

After all, it's not like the cunts get favourable decisions at home under the floodlights of anfield in most fucking games
where the referees fail to officiate properly.

Last edited:
I think either scenario (which aren’t even conspiratorial) is incredibly problematic from a competition fairness and principles of governance perspective.

And the longer the circumstances that allowed for this situation to arise go unaddressed, the more it moves from unacceptable incompetence to obvious corruption (unaddressed incompetence becomes a form of corruption; there are only so many times the governing bodies can claim mistakes before it becomes a pattern of intentionally allowing the mistakes to made).

The only two previous occasions I’ve heard any talk of these blind spots for VAR are that Italian game ( forget the teams ) and the Arsenal V Liverpool game where Arsenal potentially benefited from it.

I’ve heard vague talk about Old Trafford not been up to scratch camera wise.

But a genuine, unloaded question. Have there been any other specific incidents where the relevant governing body has admitted a decision was unable to be reviewed properly by VAR due to a blind spot?

Well having blind spots for the only calibrated cameras is certainly not an acceptable state of affairs. I’d imagine everybody would agree with that.

I’d personally be very surprised if the referee was aware of potential blind spots beforehand and even more surprised if he made decisions differently based on that knowledge. But I’m not going to argue if someone suspects differently.

My only point is IF you accept the linesman thought the guy was offside then there are no circumstances where the flag isn’t going to go up once the ball has gone in the goal.
I'd be very surprised if they weren't aware of any potential shortcomings of the VAR equipment on match day.

I'm not a referee, but if I am someone in charge of an event I would want to know the status of any equipment I am going to be operating including any limitations. That's day one basics.

The only two previous occasions I’ve heard any talk of these blind spots for VAR are that Italian game ( forget the teams ) and the Arsenal V Liverpool game where Arsenal potentially benefited from it.

I’ve heard vague talk about Old Trafford not been up to scratch camera wise.

But a genuine, unloaded question. Have there been any other specific incidents where the relevant governing body has admitted a decision was unable to be reviewed properly by VAR due to a blind spot?
There were rumours that VAR was not working at all in the first half at one end of the ground during our 2-0 defeat at Anfield. Salah looked offside, and we also denied a penalty.

I'd be very surprised if they weren't aware of any potential shortcomings of the VAR equipment on match day.

I'm not a referee, but if I am someone in charge of an event I would want to know the status of any equipment I am going to be operating including any limitations. That's day one basics.

I’ve just asked some other guy if there have been previous incidents of a blind spot problem at an English ground, other than the one I know about at The Emirates.

If there hasn’t then I wouldn’t have thought it likely they’d even know there was a blind spot until they came to review that specific incident and after exhausting all possible angles, realised that none of them had the incident properly covered. But I’m not a tech guy so I wouldn’t really know.

There were rumours that VAR was not working at all in the first half at one end of the ground during our 2-0 defeat at Anfield. Salah looked offside, and we also denied a penalty.

Ok, well I’m not saying that unverified rumours aren’t ever true. But was there any sort of proper evidence that made that claim more likely to be true, outside of the normal pissed off football fans angry at perceived bad refereeing?

I’ve just asked some other guy if there have been previous incidents of a blind spot problem at an English ground, other than the one I know about at The Emirates.

If there hasn’t then I wouldn’t have thought it likely they’d even know there was a blind spot until they came to review that specific incident and after exhausting all possible angles, realised that none of them had the incident properly covered. But I’m not a tech guy so I wouldn’t really know.
The VAR team would know 100% the status of their equipment. I would fully expect it to be communicated to the match officials prior to the match, and any changes in equipment status communicated to them during the match.

We've probably done the disallowed goal to death, but we've not even touched on the blatant mistake for the Salah goal.

Below is the law clarification issued for this season by the PL.

I didn't see the header by the Wolves defender as a save, but Madley, his assistants, VAR Dean, and whoever briefed the TV studios did.

One can forgive Madley for failing to fully understand that piece of advice yet. After all, it is only his full time job, for which he gets paid between £70,000 to £200,000 per year.

Stick a couple of plausible explanations out there though. Everyone will lap it up, and one team benefits from two extremely dubious decisions.
4e8fbab4074638402b99f878c287ffbc.jpg
Look at example number 7 in the videos. It is, essentially, the Salah goal! https://www.theifab.com/news/law-11-offside-deliberate-play-guidelines-clarified/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.