VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well I’m not saying that unverified rumours aren’t ever true. But was there any sort of proper evidence that made that claim more likely to be true, outside of the normal pissed off football fans angry at perceived bad refereeing?
IIRC it was briefly mentioned by one of the TV companies at the time, but then it was never mentioned again and I can't find any reference to it online.

IIRC it was briefly mentioned by one of the TV companies at the time, but then it was never mentioned again and I can't find any reference to it online.

Fair enough. I honestly don’t recall hearing that suggestion before. Not sure if it was you or not but someone suggested on another thread that the Salah goal review took about three seconds. I would have thought if they were trying to cover up the fact the VAR equipment wasn’t working, they’d be more likely to go the other way and pretend they were reviewing it for a prolonged period rather than barely at all.

The VAR team would know 100% the status of their equipment. I would fully expect it to be communicated to the match officials prior to the match, and any changes in equipment status communicated to them during the match.
Yep, they would have 100% knew about the issue, we, as fans, have seen it at their place for many years and argued the fact that VAR wasn’t working. Now we have the explanation.

And, knowing this, they couldn’t allow it to go to VAR because they knew it couldn’t make a decision so, even against a backdrop of millions viewing, they decided to make the decision to stick the flag up, again, knowing it couldn’t be over-ruled.

NB. I‘m not a conspiracy nut, and it could’ve been done to protect the fact that VAR isn’t fully functional in that ground, but the evidence is there for all to see. Unless you choose not to.

No. Thanks to Var the refs dont need to make important decisions, they simply wait for Var. Why give a decision and then look stupid when Var overturn it, just leave it to someone else to do the hardwork.
That cannot be right. Once you decide you don't need to be mentally alert you are on a downward slope.
But that is the ref who erred, not var.

Fair enough. I honestly don’t recall hearing that suggestion before. Not sure if it was you or not but someone suggested on another thread that the Salah goal review took about three seconds. I would have thought if they were trying to cover up the fact the VAR equipment wasn’t working, they’d be more likely to go the other way and pretend they were reviewing it for a prolonged period rather than barely at all.
That was me. Three seconds was a bit flippant, but it was certainly check complete very quickly after the ball hit the back of the net. It was way faster than it normally takes for a 'normal' VAR check which roused my suspicions at the time. After the goal Sky only showed a single brief replay with no lines drawn on the screen.

At half-time they showed a graphic that looked like some intern had knocked up on MS Paint, and there was no frame of reference as to the moment the ball was played. All very amateurish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.