VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly - if there’s a conspiracy to benefit Liverpool/Man Utd with the use of VAR - they’ve cocked it right up. They can’t even give a dodgy penalty to Liverpool this season from a trademark Salah dive
That editing of his post is doing a lot of work. ;-)

I've voted NO in the poll.

I don't think that VAR was solely brought in to benefit the 2 teams in question. I do think those 2 teams (Liverpool more than the Rag's) have had a lot of favourable outcomes, more than most and generally at key moments in games, when they've been on the back foot or struggling to break teams down.

The implementation of VAR was inevitable. Fans have been wanting it for years, and rightly so. HOWEVER, the difference between what we were told would be implemented and reality are poles apart,

Firstly, the camera frame rates for offside decision potentially have a HUGE margin of error (depending on speed and direction of players), but they still debate toenails being on/offside as and when it suits them.

Secondly, it is shrouded in the upmost secrecy. The way the communications are handled between officials often leave fans wondering just who is controlling the game at times (Remeber Foden's STONE WALL PEN against Southampton in the 5-2 when the ref didn't give it and VAR pretty much instantly said 'No Penalty'? EVERYONE in the ground knew that was bullshit, including their fans). The fact the authorities have been dragging their heels in releasing the comm's SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Thirdly, the 'Clear & Obvious get-out clause is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE.

Given that, VAR is WIDE OPEN for manipulation, and there have been some decisions on occasions that have left me thinking, rightly or wrongly that the only logical conclusion is corrupt intent.

Last edited:
That had nothing to do with phases of play. That’s just muddying the waters. They decided, rightly or as I’m sure most City fans would think, wrongly, that it wasn’t handball. If they’d decided it was handball, everything that happened after that would have been irrelevant, no matter how many phases of play there had been before play was stopped.

I have to disagree with you on this one. It was the inaugural season of VAR and Dermot Gallagher distinctly mentioned that the goal was good because Manchester City had the chance to reset. The argument at the time was how far back in play do you go to rule a goal out or to find a foul.

VAR has obviously evolved since then as they are allowing passages of play to come to a conclusion before raising the flag for example.

There would be no argument to justify that this wasn’t a handball.

It’s yet another example as to how PGMOL and the rest are manipulating the game.

1673383393008.jpeg

I have to disagree with you on this one. It was the inaugural season of VAR and Dermot Gallagher distinctly mentioned that the goal was good because Manchester City had the chance to reset. The argument at the time was how far back in play do you go to rule a goal out or to find a foul.

VAR has obviously evolved since then as they are allowing passages of play to come to a conclusion before raising the flag for example.

It’s yet another example as to how PGMOL and the rest are manipulating the game.

View attachment 65708
I'm fucking fuming again after seeing that.

CUNTS!!!

View attachment 65708

I think you’re misremembering mate. Because that was one of the few trips to Anfield I’ve missed and remember watching it on television. And after Liverpool scored they went back and showed multiple replays of the ‘handball’ until they eventually decided it wasn’t. Only then did the referee point to the centre circle for the goal. Not really important now but I’m sure under todays handball guidelines it would have been given and the goal chalked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.