VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But there’s other factors to the conspiracies aside from just benefiting Man U and Liverpool - I was wrong to state ‘solely’ but not wrong to state ‘conspiracy camp’
I agree, it was hyperbole to suggest most people believed that VAR was designed and implemented solely to benefit Liverpool and United.

You know my stance, which I would wager is more in line with how most view the current iteration of VAR:

It was designed and implemented to allow the greatest amount of freedom to influence match outcomes possible with a video review system in an attempt to "protect the product".

It is not always successful, nor is it always to benefit Liverpool or United. But the mere fact that the league had resisted implementing it for decades after it was implemented successfully elsewhere in the world, and then did so in a fashion that most neutral observers see was strangely flawed from the start, is a big clue as to the overarching intention.

The league could have easily created substantially more transparency and confidence in the new VAR setup from the very beginning with a more robust design and more consistent and open implementation and refinement, but they chose not to do that. And they have actually made changes over the past few years to make VAR *less* transparent, which it self is bewildering.

Excuses presented for all of these decisions are naïve, at best, and sycophantic, at worst.

And this is coming from someone that desperately wanted VAR to be adopted in England and Spain for literally decades.

its brought in to enable results . its a multi billion pound industry , think about it. rags being off the pace costs them a fortune . we are a fly in the ointment and are treated according .
Exactly this. These are smart people. Very smart people operating in a lucrative business within which they exercise a large degree of influence and control.

Did anyone really think that they would implement VAR in such a way as to them relinquishing this control?

Exactly this. These are smart people. Very smart people operating in a lucrative business within which they exercise a large degree of influence and control.

Did anyone really think that they would implement VAR in such a way as to them relinquishing this control?
Some people do. They genuinely believe the governing bodies in football waited 20 years after the technology had already been developed and continually refined elsewhere to make sure the design and implementation was perfect from the start... allegedly.

your team are unaffected as they will never be in the hunt for trophies .

Tell that to our fanbase who think VAR is conspiring against us all the time

How can it be? It’s still a human being looking at what happened on a screen. Many incidents are open to interpretation- even when they draw lines to check offside there’s still arguments about using the correct frame/not enough frames/dodgy calls on where a player's sleeve meets his arm
Exactly this. Lines for offside shouldnt be debatable. We know they dont have the tech to know exactly when the ball left the foot but they still want to rule a goal out by the millimetre

Tell that to our fanbase who think VAR is conspiring against us all the time

yep, and they are right . what I am saying is it will never affect your season either way .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.