VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest rather watch a good game with VAR , than a bad game without VAR, tonight at least from a City perpective was boring, if tonights match did have VAR, it wouldnt have made any difference., absolutely nothing for VAR to look at.
VAr doesnt make a game good however it can spoil the enjoyment of a game
Disallowing a goal for a player being mm off that isn't visible with the naked eye is a nonsense and all this "if hes off hes off" then that too is also nonsense as the old argument says depends upon which frame is selected Appreciate that the tech has now been developed and used in WC but I still cant accept the mm decisions as its against the reason for the law in the first place Leave it to the linos and only used VAR if they have dropped an howler

Buendia for Villa onside by about 2 yards ! And the lino flagged offside

Thankfully VAR in place to allow the goal.
Yeah and this could be seen by the naked eye the lino dropped a clanger and this is an example of using VAR for offside that imho is acceptable but measuring to mm is an absolute nonsense however it is done

Disallowing a goal for a player being mm off that isn't visible with the naked eye is a nonsense and all this "if hes off hes off" then that too is also nonsense as the old argument says depends upon which frame is selected Appreciate that the tech has now been developed and used in WC but I still cant accept the mm decisions as its against the reason for the law in the first place Leave it to the linos and only used VAR if they have dropped an howler
I agree. I've said for a while that the offside rule should be changed so that the attacker has to be completely beyond the last defender,at least then it can be legitimately claimed he's gaining some advantage. Having a goal ruled out against a player that could be 60m away on the other side of the pitch is a nonsense. I think in the UCL semi against Spurs, it was Aguero's heal that was off and he was facing his own goal-hardly trying to gain an advantage. It's also a pretty easy change to trial in lower divisions if necessary and certainly easy to assess what the impact of such a change would be by comparing to the present nonsense.

Who VAR's the VAR?

Okay, that doesn't make much sense, but you get what I mean. I hate how VAR has become the "rubber stamp" decision in every case when what it was meant for was to determine if a ball had crossed the line/penalty shouts which, in a split second incident, a referee or assistant referee couldn't/wouldn't be able to see given how fast the game is these days.

All VAR has to do is say "we think this" and the referee must adhere to it and it's crippling the excitement from the game. If these decisions are being made, we need to hear their process.

Your last sentence doesn’t make sense. You can’t leave it to the linesman AND use VAR if he’s dropped a howler.

In the Premier League they already have a tolerance level favouring the attacking player. They could extend that to “howler” territory if they liked. But howler would still have to be defined and you would still have howler minus 1 cm.

RIGHT...

Their equaliser was 100% offside. The law is BLACK AND WHITE. Rashford was INTERFERRING WITH PLAY.

How the VAR officials can come to that decision when they have the ability to refer to the rules is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.