VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything you've said is a fair point tbh.
Fair... Except that Eddie was set for the Rashford shot. His movement is triggered the moment Rashford lifts his foot. It's that precise moment Rashford interferes with the keeper (not the moment he first interferes with play - that was when he ran across Akanji preventing the challenge). Eddie is 100% focussed on Rashford and doesn't have time to set himself for the Bruno shot.

This sort of bollocks makes me dizzy. All goals are checked by VAR as a matter of routine. So what is the point of discussing with the linesman and changing the on-field decision? It's the same story as last week at Anfield. Change the on-field decision to suit then VAR can claim not enough to overturn the on-field decision. It's nothing but manipulation. Two correct on-field decisions over-ruled by the ref and then allowed by VAR. Beyond a joke now.
I guess VAR decided there was not a clear and obvious error by the ref. This is what I don't like about this hydrid VAR system as labelled by another poster. One man's clear and obvious is another man's not very clear or obvious.

The clear and obvious caveat is clear and obvious obfuscation to justify a decision to suit the preferred outcome.

Fair... Except that Eddie was set for the Rashford shot. His movement is triggered the moment Rashford lifts his foot. It's that precise moment Rashford interferes with the keeper (not the moment he first interferes with play - that was when he ran across Akanji preventing the challenge). Eddie is 100% focussed on Rashford and doesn't have time to set himself for the Bruno shot.

Yes. I said it should have been offside.

in about 3 months they will come out and say its one of thr very few they got wrong.too little too late attwell is not up to being a prem ref.he let them bully him into the goal.i suspect he knows the rules but wanted to get in howards good books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.