VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
in about 3 months they will come out and say its one of thr very few they got wrong.too little too late attwell is not up to being a prem ref.he let them bully him into the goal.i suspect he knows the rules but wanted to get in howards good books
I’ve never trusted Atwell since that phantom goal years ago. He should never have officiated again

I’ve never been in favour of VAR and I never will. Apart from the odd one or two our officials aren’t up to much but the linesmen aren’t too bad. I still believe that without VAR, decisions will be six of one and half a dozen of the other over a season and will even themselves out. With VAR, these errors aren’t supposed to happen however, time and time again, we see discrepancies over decisions being made. Without VAR you work with a split micro of a second decision, where you or I, however harsh it may be, can and have to live with. My brother was a referee up to a decent level for many, many years and we had a fair few conversations about VAR. One thing we both agreed with was to allow the three officials on the field to get on with it and allow for the occasional human error.

we as football fans knew what handball was , knew what offside was, we even deep down knew what a penalty was for or against us,we chuckled in our favour and fumed when it went against us, var is sterile ,has no place in football , i mean the ultimate joy in football is scoring a goal , var has taken that away, maybe not totally but even if it is 1% then that is 1% too much , we want an explosion of joy at a goal , not relief its been given .

FAO people thinking Rashford isn't interfering with play.
130b3a4eece01e56ecd12a3ce6b4e7ff.jpg
if rashford is not there then eddy clears....simple.

in about 3 months they will come out and say its one of thr very few they got wrong.too little too late attwell is not up to being a prem ref.he let them bully him into the goal.i suspect he knows the rules but wanted to get in howards good books
They are all frauds, but Attwell is one of the biggest.

I still remember that he didn't give an obvious late penalty for the foul on Sterling against Chelsea, when he was sat at the VAR table. I was absolutely bewildered how someone with so many screens, angles and replays in front of him can call that so wrong.

FAO people thinking Rashford isn't interfering with play.
130b3a4eece01e56ecd12a3ce6b4e7ff.jpg

I dont understand how they can come to the decision that Rashford isnt interfering with play

They have lots of cameras ( you didnt need them for this ).

Why cant they come in front of a camera and explain their decision ? What are they afraid of ?

Explain to me why Rashford running behind the ball looking like he is trying score isnt off side. Why Rashford isnt making eddy line up to save his shot.

But the refs wont come out and explain their decision.

If that happens on the local rec on Sunday morning theres a punch up !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.