VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still maintain that only people that have never played football at a competitive level (being generous there) could think:

A) That Rashford was not interfering with play
B) That offside goal—and the many previous dubious (non)decisions from the officials—didn’t substantially contribute to us conceding the second.

Even so, I can accept conceding Rasford’s second. A draw would have been a fair result.

But no one can convince me that a loss was a fair result based on what occured during the match.

Nor that VAR ensured an equitable outcome.

I still maintain that only people that have never played football at a competitive level (being generous there) could think:

B) That offside goal—and the many previous dubious (non)decisions from the officials—didn’t substantially contribute to us conceding the second.

Even so, I can accept conceding Rasford’s second. A draw would have been a fair result.

But no one can convince me that a loss was a fair result based on what occured during the match.

The only refs I know at pub league level are all shit at playing football.

That challenge on Cancelo is a stonewall pen. I think the Haaland one is usually a pen too

It WASN'T just VAR that contributed to the result today.

The disparity in applying the LOTG, application of the 'play on' ruling, and a whole load of other SUSPECT calls all contributed to to the outcome. The OBVIOUS offside ruling is just clouding things.

The game was BENT from the first to the final whistle.

It WASN'T just VAR that contributed to the result today.

The disparity in applying the LOTG, application of the 'play on' ruling, and a whole load of other SUSPECT calls all contributed to to the outcome. The OBVIOUS offside ruling is just clouding things.

The game was BENT from the first to the final whistle.
Oh, you’ve seen my post in the Ref Watch thread, I agree the overall officiating was skewed heavily in United’s favour.

I was just trying to comment on the discourse surrounding the biggest, most egregiously unfair (I use that in the context of the standards of competition) incident.

Oh, you’ve seen my post in the Ref Watch thread, I agree the overall officiating was skewed heavily in United’s favour.

I was just trying to comment on the discourse surrounding the biggest, most egregiously unfair (I use that in the context of the standards of competition) incident.
I hadn't.

The onside call was inevitable given everything that had gone before it in the game.

FAO people thinking Rashford isn't interfering with play.
130b3a4eece01e56ecd12a3ce6b4e7ff.jpg
Even better (worse) view that illustrates the point more:

1b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.