VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
_128610487_mail.jpg

Nothing compared to the howler against us at the swamp

I cannot believe that anyone thinks that football, or their enjoyment of it, has improved since the introduction of VAR.

Just bin it ffs! I'd rather put up with the odd genuine mistake than this shit.
I don't know about 'odd genuine mistakes, it's the deliberate 'mistakes' that cheating rats like Ashley Young used to get away with to earn a pen, gladly given by the visiting whistling wanker, and the concomitant red for the defender who'd never touched him. How many yellow cards did that tosser avoid when we didn't have the slap happy wallahs in the VAR shed scrutinising every angle to see that he had just perfected the perfect high tariff dive from the ten metre board whilst starting on the ground.

The solution is obvious. Use another VAR to check the first VAR. It's natural progression surely?

VAR did a perfectly good job of disallowing Madison's goal against spurs though. His toe nail was fractionally offside so clearly the correct decision. At one time, it would have been deemed level and the goal would have been given. But who wants that?

VAR, Double VAR, even Triple VAR. VAR, DVAR and TVAR. You know it makes sense.
I want 1 VAR in one shed who draws the line for defenders and another VAR in a different shed who draws the lines for attackers; finally I believe there would need to be a third VAR official (equipped with a "drum roll" effect and a "cymbal crash" effect) whose job it is to reveal to the world on a big screen (preceded by the drum roll) the two lines and the decision (followed by the cymbal crash).

It's what VAR was made for. Please PiGMoL, please make this happen.

I also hope next year they extend VAR's remit to being able to forensically analyse the video footage of all keepers kicking the ball from their hands. The heinous crime of keepers fractionally leaving their box whilst still controlling the ball with their hands has needed clamping down on for too long now.

The game's crying out for it.

;)

_128610487_mail.jpg

Nothing compared to the howler against us at the swamp
Ah, but the highly competent and scrupulously fair Mr Tierney gave a full, frank and honest explanation of that 'offside' at the end of the match and the away end were perfectly happy with that, weren't they? I wasn't in the away end and I'm still fuckin' furious. Three fuckin' points gifted, and then we get two removed from the Arse tally. All rather interesting! I'd be very surprised if VAR allows the Rags to drop another point all season.

Seems like United, who are usually the biggest offenders, were made aware of new rule as their usual antics weren’t prevalent in this weekends game.
They've been charged with not controlling the players from the Palace game, so might of tamed them a little.
Apart from Fernandes that is

Fans only wanted it to determine whether or not the ball had crossed the goal line, not 'tight' offside decisions where atoms of a fingernail were being called into question.

IMO VAR has been hijacked as a tool to 'justify' incorrect decisions; VAR determines it, so it stands. We used to debate incorrect refereeing decisions in the aftermath of a controversial decision, now we're debating incorrect VAR conclusions after games have ended. Something isn't right there.

The obvious answer is for the VAR to look at an incident, twice at most, always at full speed and have 2 ‘rules’.
1. If they then spot something obvious, that the officials have missed/got wrong, they can get involved.
2. Only draw any lines IF a goal has been flagged offside not if it hasn’t (see rule 1)
You’d hardly hear from them and there’d be far less problems with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.