VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let alone when it came out in the Premier League it was in place in the World Cup and there were disagreements then. I’ve said all along, I’m no supporter of it, I’d rather have genuine split second decision making errors by the ref and linesmen by this constant, never ending, joy killing system that has brought the game to a stand still. What a shambles it all is.

I cannot believe that anyone thinks that football, or their enjoyment of it, has improved since the introduction of VAR.

Just bin it ffs! I'd rather put up with the odd genuine mistake than this shit.
There are loads of people who think it is better and they all have one thing in common. They are FOLLOWERS not FANS who - most importantly - don't actually go to the game. Show me a fan who goes week in week out who prefers VAR and I will show my arse in Burtons window. But people who 'watch the spectacle' on TV love the drama, the same people who when 'their team' loses have forgotten about it 30 minutes later - they are the ones who love it

Keith Hackett on the BBC this morning

“"I think we've got areas where it is not being used - acts of simulation. I would have liked the referee to have looked at that decision involving [Jack] Grealish - did he dive? A penalty kick was given. The referee has only got one chance of seeing it. Would another look by the VAR in that situation have helped the process?"

Surely Keith Hackett knows that all penalty decisions go to VAR as per the laws of the game……

VAR will be used only for “clear and obvious errors” or “serious missed incidents” in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity.

the concept of VAR is fine I think, i was never against video replay being used if it was going to be done right for big decisions.

All it’s really done is highlight how bent some officials are, to the point they don’t even care who sees it, because when the final whistle goes, it’s onto the next one.

Like the Rashford one with us (no apology for that eh?). Wolves getting a goal chalked off at Anfield because there was no camera available in that area of the pitch, such a lie. It just shows the VAR thing is pointless because they will still shaft you if they feel like it, by any means necessary.

VAR isn’t the issue, never was, it’s the bent or bad officials using it. They were like that before VAR and it never changed, now it’s just in your face.

If the game was was officiated with complete fairness, there would be no qualms about using video technology in my opinion.

“"I think we've got areas where it is not being used - acts of simulation. I would have liked the referee to have looked at that decision involving [Jack] Grealish - did he dive? A penalty kick was given. The referee has only got one chance of seeing it. Would another look by the VAR in that situation have helped the process?"

Surely Keith Hackett knows that all penalty decisions go to VAR as per the laws of the game……

VAR will be used only for “clear and obvious errors” or “serious missed incidents” in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity.
And if that fuckwit Hacket was honest instead of trying to toady up to the istree fans, he would have stated that the camera behind the players clearly shows the defender flicking his right leg out to trip Grealish.
BUT Hackett is NOT honest he sets the narrative for opposition fans that City cheat. Fuck em all.

Ha, the whole of the media and pundits are pissed off we got a penalty

I'm leaning towards the idea of binning the whole thing off.

There were decisions wrong before and after its implementation but at least the referees whistle on the field was final beforehand.

We've now got to the point where the rules have been over-complicated in order to implement VAR. They're changing right decisions to wrong decisions, wrong decisions to right decisions. The offside law has become subjective, the handball rule has had to be wrongly simplified in order to judge it on video better.

Take Brentford's offside at the weekend, its offside but its marginal. VAR now means an over-analysis into every minute detail. It's one of the things that's making football less fun.

Maybe binning it off is drastic and there are better measures to take but I'm stuck as to what they would be at the moment. I do know that the standard of officiating has reduced though and I think that's due to the over-complicated rules.

Last edited:

WTAF?? Words fail me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.