VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m can’t recall exactly what Walton’s words were but he was certainly giving the impression that the VAR hadn’t even looked at the incident, which is a bit silly. They are literally sat there looking at everything. And when they are looking at a replay, the AVAR is checking the live action.

What he probably meant is the VAR didn’t see anything that he thought warranted a review. Which I imagine most people would thing was still wrong. But it’s a different scenario than Walton seemed to be suggesting.
Walton clearly stated he could see when Var reviewed an incident as he had a link to the Var studio. He again clearly stated they did not review the incident.
If Var is to have any integrity they would review any incident that could result in a goal/penalty. They cannot choose which incidents they should look at as that implies bias/corruption.

Walton clearly stated he could see when Var reviewed an incident as he had a link to the Var studio. He again clearly stated they did not review the incident.
If Var is to have any integrity they would review any incident that could result in a goal/penalty. They cannot choose which incidents they should look at as that implies bias/corruption.

Yes but a review is different to not even bothering looking at it. Which was what he said/ suggested. They look at every incident and the vast majority of time, when they don’t find anything untoward, nobody is any the wiser they have considered it.

A review is when they think they have identified an offence and they will notify the referee that they are reviewing.

I’m not saying this incident didn’t warrant a review. I’m saying Walton is taking shite giving people the impression that the VAR didn’t even bother having a look at it.

Yes but a review is different to not even bothering looking at it. Which was what he said/ suggested. They look at every incident and the vast majority of time, when they don’t find anything untoward, nobody is any the wiser they have considered it.

A review is when they think they have identified an offence and they will notify the referee that they are reviewing.

I’m not saying this incident didn’t warrant a review. I’m saying Walton is taking shite giving people the impression that the VAR didn’t even bother having a look at it.
@Stephen230 now you are deliberately muddying the waters.
It doesnt matter what word you use, he stated Var did not look at the incident. We assume/hope they were looking at the live footage but they did not hit rewind/replay, zoom in on camera 4 or anything else. If they had have done he would have seen it. To totally ignore such an important incident is a disgrace.

Funny how they can spot an offence when no one on the ground, the players nor the ref have clocked anything, and on the other hand, fifty thousand people see a trip in the area and they tell us no pen!

Last edited:

ffs

@Stephen230 now you are deliberately muddying the waters.
It doesnt matter what word you use, he stated Var did not look at the incident. We assume/hope they were looking at the live footage but they did not hit rewind/replay, zoom in on camera 4 or anything else. If they had have done he would have seen it. To totally ignore such an important incident is a disgrace.

I’m certainly not deliberately muddying the waters. That is exactly what I’m accusing Walton of doing. In a case like this I think words do matter.

None of us know how closely, or how many times the VAR looked at the incident before he decided there was no need for a review. We saw in the City, Chelsea game recently that play can go on for a significant amount of time before they make that decision.

I actually thought number 27 may have handled it before it got to the volleyball guy, so was concentrating on that during the initial replays.

My only point is Walton saying the VAR hasn’t even bothered looking at it, or whatever his precise words were, is what is muddying the waters. Not me pointing it out.

Bill my good friend, my tongue was so firmly in my cheek I was French kissing myself.
Var was heralded by some who always quote the Milner incident where he was 10 yards offside but, all it has done is show how inept/corrupt the officiating was and still is.
Peter Walton is the biggest thief in footballing history as he always sides with the Var ref and yet last night, he stated there was no check of the handball. It is just open to abuse and we are the mugs.

I know my friend, I know..

Anyway, what do you think the chances are of the rags being fcuked over by VAR tonight ?

To be fair, they are facing one of the European elite teams later.

A team who themselves, more often than not have received a helping hand or two to help them along and keep them relevant..

Fallen European giants, who have hemorrhaged untold £100's of millions, spending money over the years on has-beens, shirt sellers, aging donkeys and players who have made them even shittier than they were to start with.

Not withstanding, their stadium is a crumbling shit hole..

.... Versus Barcelona..

Tough call..!

I know my friend, I know..

Anyway, what do you think the chances are of the rags being fcuked over by VAR tonight ?

To be fair, they are facing one of the European elite teams later.

A team who themselves, more often than not have received a helping hand or two to help them along and keep them relevant..

Fallen European giants, who have hemorrhaged untold £100's of millions, spending money over the years on has-beens, shirt sellers, aging donkeys and players who have made them even shittier than they were to start with.

Not withstanding, their stadium is a crumbling shit hole..

.... Versus Barcelona..

Tough call..!
I feel sorry for the ref and Var to be honest. How can you give a blatantly offside goal to the rags if at the same time it fucks Barca over. I reckon it could end up 26 all.

One for all the VAR lovers in the Florentina V Braga game tonight.

Goal line technology activated the referees watch to signal the ball had crossed the line. The VAR double checked it, as they always do since that malfunction at Villa. And decided the GLT was playing up and no goal was the result.

deed5000e5c2de84a2a8d1b5b28f82ee.jpg

6117f442db0ece021682464565ad3d36.jpg

bc6e5a7215431f30a9ee6de9267a937c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.