VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walton clearly stated he could see when Var reviewed an incident as he had a link to the Var studio. He again clearly stated they did not review the incident.
If Var is to have any integrity they would review any incident that could result in a goal/penalty. They cannot choose which incidents they should look at as that implies bias/corruption.
He also stated that he doesn't have access to all the camera angles, and the only reason he could think of it for it to not be reviewed was that they had a better camera angle showing the ball hitting the shoulder.

I may have missed something, but isn't that exactly what happened - that there was another camera angle that BT hadn't initially seen which shows it missing his hands, and instead hitting his shoulder?

One for all the VAR lovers in the Florentina V Braga game tonight.

Goal line technology activated the referees watch to signal the ball had crossed the line. The VAR double checked it, as they always do since that malfunction at Villa. And decided the GLT was playing up and no goal was the result.

deed5000e5c2de84a2a8d1b5b28f82ee.jpg

6117f442db0ece021682464565ad3d36.jpg

bc6e5a7215431f30a9ee6de9267a937c.jpg

Well, tickle me to death with a feather. Now they are over-ruling the only automated system in which people place any trust?

He also stated that he doesn't have access to all the camera angles, and the only reason he could think of it for it to not be reviewed was that they had a better camera angle showing the ball hitting the shoulder.

I may have missed something, but isn't that exactly what happened - that there was another camera angle that BT hadn't initially seen which shows it missing his hands, and instead hitting his shoulder?
He tried to fudge it at the end but the simple point is, he stated he knew when Var were conducting a review and they did not review it.
Walton is a yes man who always backs the officials that is why what he has said is so important. For probably the first time in his pathetic BT career, he has gone against Var

One for all the VAR lovers in the Florentina V Braga game tonight.

Goal line technology activated the referees watch to signal the ball had crossed the line. The VAR double checked it, as they always do since that malfunction at Villa. And decided the GLT was playing up and no goal was the result.

deed5000e5c2de84a2a8d1b5b28f82ee.jpg

6117f442db0ece021682464565ad3d36.jpg

bc6e5a7215431f30a9ee6de9267a937c.jpg
Liverpool demand review of John Stone's clearance.

The commentary team get a monitor caption stating when VAR are checking an incident, and they also get a notification of the decision.

Walton basically said they didn't get any notification of review and therefor no official VAR review took place. At that point, any mention of 'insufficient camera angles' is nullified.

If they are saying they have a camera angle showing it hit his shoulder then they are clearly using the technology outside of the constraints of VAR by essentially using a real-time remote referee (as I believe happened in the pre-VAR City v Chelsea game when Serge and Ferna got sent off).

He tried to fudge it at the end but the simple point is, he stated he knew when Var were conducting a review and they did not review it.
Walton is a yes man who always backs the officials that is why what he has said is so important. For probably the first time in his pathetic BT career, he has gone against Var
I think you might be getting hung on the semantics of what a "review" is. It's a formal process in the VAR rules.

They clearly watch the whole match on multiple cameras, and will be rewinding and looking at a couple of seconds of play constantly to see if they've missed anything. IF they spot that the ref may have missed something then they formally review the incident, taking their time to make sure of the decision. We've all seen how long this lasts, with refs regularly holding up throw-ins or goal kicks.

If they can see, either in real time, or with a 2 second replay that there was no offence, then they won't bother formally reviewing it.

What you've missed is that this "better angle" clip (that we have since been shown) STOPS as the ball hits the defenders left shoulder. It looked like a "double handball" in real-time, with the right hand (that can be seen in the video) moving across the defender's body and palming the ball away AFTER it had hit the left shoulder, so why stop the video at the point they chose???

It's not what they show you, it's what they don't show you that is important ;)

And it can't be one of those, "it's come off another part of the body before it HITS his hand" moments, because the defender makes a deliberate movement with his right hand towards the ball, so it's a totally different scenario.

Very, very dubious; they think we're fucking stupid!

The commentary team get a monitor caption stating when VAR are checking an incident, and they also get a notification of the decision.

Walton basically said they didn't get any notification of review and therefor no official VAR review took place. At that point, any mention of 'insufficient camera angles' is nullified.

If they are saying they have a camera angle showing it hit his shoulder then they are clearly using the technology outside of the constraints of VAR by essentially using a real-time remote referee (as I believe happened in the pre-VAR City v Chelsea game when Serge and Ferna got sent off).
That game still boils my blood. I don't think there was a fan in the ground that didn't see twatface Taylor reach for a red card to Luiz, only to change his mind. Aguero was raging that game, and Fabregas needing kicking over the hoarding not shoving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.