VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the time I couldn't believe it showed up as Onside when the rag foot was clearly over the VAR line. That's how bent the game has now become. How do they explain that one ?
Wouldn’t be surprised if we see exactly the same situation in a match next week in the league and lo and behold it will be offside,VAR is now the perfect tool to now gain the outcome in games that they crave..

Is the defender not holding the keepers arm down, stopping him claiming the bal?

Possibly. I could live with the referee giving it originally because ‘keepers do seem to get those things given. But from a VAR perspective it seems incredibly soft to recommend an overturn. Pretty sure none of us would be happy if that was against City.

If in doubt, just add 6 inches to the defenders foot
tbf that's probably not when ball was played, defenders run out attackers run in = 1 yard gap in probably 0.0000005 second
scrap VAR, Tool for TV to manipulate outcomes - not necessarily biased but keep league as marketable as possible... it genuinely seems bent

I’ve not seen it but from what I read they seemed to be suggesting that the tech. guy in the VAR room knew there was a malfunction. So they effectively disregarded it and resorted to what they could see. I imagine in that situation the burden of proof resorts back to having to have clear evidence to give a goal rather than clear evidence that GLT was wrong.

I’m no tech. guy but I don’t imagine any system is foolproof. GLT seems to be as reliable as you can hope for though. This is only the third time I’ve heard about it malfunctioning across all the leagues. You could argue that for really close ones, know one is going to question it if it was wrong but if as it seems here, they can tell when it’s playing up, it seems to working to an acceptable level.
From this account it appears to be the Match Director (Commander?) who asked for the ref to review it because VAR could not confirm the goal …. (Lights blue touch paper and retires to a safe distance.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.