VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fair enough. I don't really have a problem with GLT. It's either over the line a mm or it's not and a ball is a ball is a ball, and maybe CGI is the best way to represent that.

Offside on the other hand is a whole other ball game.

I am thinking the powers that be are a bit giddy with how GLT has been accepted and have tried to handle offside in the same way. Not sure you can tbh. Meaning I am pretty sure you can't.

I’m 100% certain you can’t. You may well get a computer that can tell for an absolute fact if a player is in an offside position at any point in time.

But you can no more have a computer tell if a player is in the referees opinion, offside, than you can get one to tell if a player has deliberately handled the ball or not.

I assume it’s like a cash machine you hear “counting” your money. Or a fruit machine with all sorts of meaningless graphics for the gambler to think is affecting his play. I’m guessing there are no actual graphics to support GLT. But people like to see things with their own eyes to convince them it’s genuine.
Var is, for me and City, just like a cash machine, I ask for £100 and it says no way, you're not having that !

Overall in terms of getting decisions right, VAR has helped and to say not is forgetting how poor some where.

That said what it takes away and the feeling more of unjust, makes VAR a bitter pill to follow.

It is in and to lose it would be a step backwards, it was ridiculous that you knew the ref had made a huge mistake in the ground within a minute of it happening due to messages etc.

It is spoke numerous times but we need to incorporate the best bit of VAR from other sports. This is simply transparency and being party to the decision making.

If this came in, we would still have issues but on the whole I think it would be well received.

If offsides became semi automated, even if not perfect if the overall outcome was the system worked the same for everyone, it would be a huge step forward.

And it was debunked by Richard the Ref. I am a Var hater but fully accept there is no match commander.

(If it is proved there is, Richard is in bigggggg trouble :-) )
Cheers Blue Mist. No such thing as a match commander as people perceive it. Simply there to ensure the technology is working and able to give all the angles etc. It's then up to whichever VAR official is on duty to refer to the ref if he believes it needs reviewing.

Overall in terms of getting decisions right, VAR has helped and to say not is forgetting how poor some where.

That said what it takes away and the feeling more of unjust, makes VAR a bitter pill to follow.

It is in and to lose it would be a step backwards, it was ridiculous that you knew the ref had made a huge mistake in the ground within a minute of it happening due to messages etc.

It is spoke numerous times but we need to incorporate the best bit of VAR from other sports. This is simply transparency and being party to the decision making.

If this came in, we would still have issues but on the whole I think it would be well received.

If offsides became semi automated, even if not perfect if the overall outcome was the system worked the same for everyone, it would be a huge step forward.
The same for everyone lol

The same for everyone lol
That’s what we want, although will never be achieved.

However, I feel the watch on the wrist for goal line technology works the same for everyone.

If they can get the offsides so when the player who gets the pass, is the same for everyone via semi-automated that would be a huge step forward.

That’s what we want, although will never be achieved.

However, I feel the watch on the wrist for goal line technology works the same for everyone.

If they can get the offsides so when the player who gets the pass, is the same for everyone via semi-automated that would be a huge step forward.
When it stops being manipulated and freeze framing it a frame ahead or behind to get the outcome they desire then and only then will it work.

No automated machine will ever be able to work out offsides imo, so many variable areas of the pitch to look at all at once.

VAR should be perfect but they have to be transparent so we can see clearly how they are deciding.

Some games (cough) they are looking at it for 5 minutes and other games (cough) the decision is made in seconds but to the layman they were both very similar incidents.

That city game tonight.... straight forward, no stop start.

Lovely without var. I know we won and if I was a Bristol fan I would have wanted var to look at that Rico Lewis pen.

But, at the end of the day var wouldn't necessarily have given it... Its still 50/50. In fact VAR could well have got involved in lots of things, introducing uneeded decision making. But it wasn't, the game flowed well, there wasn't controversy. The ref made 1 or 2 mistakes things, but there again so does VAR.

Maybe VAR is a load of hot air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.