VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’ve made my point in your post. “Sure, he was fouled”. If it was a foul then VAR should have disallowed the goal. Whether he stopped or not is irrelevant, Leeds broke the rules.
An inexplicable decision yet again and if they can get away with this, then God knows what might happen to us in the run in
I've always said it, Var is there to manipulate. If it is a foul Var must give it. You cannot pick and choose which you give otherwise there is no integrity and they leave themselves open to accusations of corruption but more importantly, it allows them to hide corruption.

If they can’t do VAR for under 12s, they shouldn’t do it for any level of football. If Fulham had been in the Championship and drawn at home, no VAR, outcome totally different. Please provide evidence that this is not another ruse to favour the former elite.

VAR is supposed to review ALL red cards, but it was miraculously absent when the referee INCORRECTLY gave Willan his marching orders for 'deliberate' handball when his arms were tucked in trying to avoid the ball. He'd have missed the ball completely if he'd had his arms outstretched.

The referee made a clear and obvious error; VAR went walkabout.

There’s plenty to moan about with VAR without blaming them for not applying your incorrect interpretation of the laws.

VAR is supposed to review ALL red cards, but it was miraculously absent when the referee INCORRECTLY gave Willan his marching orders for 'deliberate' handball when his arms were tucked in trying to avoid the ball. He'd have missed the ball completely if he'd had his arms outstretched.

The referee made a clear and obvious error; VAR went walkabout.
I think he moved his arm towards the ball.
The penalty and Willan sending off arent the issue to me , its how certain clubs are reffed very differently to others.

That cannot be so

I think he moved his arm towards the ball.
The penalty and Willan sending off arent the issue to me , its how certain clubs are reffed very differently to others.

That cannot be so
The penalty and sending off aside, the way the game was officiated led up to that minute of madness that saw Willian, Mitrovic and Silva sent off. Up to that point the Rag's were getting away with all sorts of niggly fouls and EVERY 50-50 was going their way. The push on the defender by Shaw in the first half was an absolute nailed on penalty at any other ground (bar perhaps one or two). How VAR DECIDED to ignore that and thought nobody would notice is truly baffling.

Fullham knew they were playing against 12-men, and it boiled over spectacularly. Similar to what happened with us in the Chelsea game when Alty Taylor ended up sending Fern and Sergio off.

How VAR DECIDED to ignore that and thought nobody would notice is truly baffling.
Thing is, they know people will notice, but they also know there will be no comeback and nothing will be done and seem to be getting bolder and more obvious with the shit they’re getting away with.

It stinks. But they love it.

It’s somehow made the game even more bent.

The penalty and sending off aside, the way the game was officiated led up to that minute of madness that saw Willian, Mitrovic and Silva sent off. Up to that point the Rag's were getting away with all sorts of niggly fouls and EVERY 50-50 was going their way. The push on the defender by Shaw in the first half was an absolute nailed on penalty at any other ground (bar perhaps one or two). How VAR DECIDED to ignore that and thought nobody would notice is truly baffling.

Fullham knew they were playing against 12-men, and it boiled over spectacularly. Similar to what happened with us in the Chelsea game when Alty Taylor ended up sending Fern and Sergio off.
Did Dermot address the Fulham non-penalty on Sky or was it, as I suspect, completely ignored?

Thing is, they know people will notice, but they also know there will be no comeback and nothing will be done and seem to be getting bolder and more obvious with the shit they’re getting away with.

It stinks. But they love it.

It’s somehow made the game even more bent.
Strange but true.

Though if i were thinking of a way to direct the decisions of a game I would not employ a separate team of people with multiple camera angles, slow motions, ultra scrutiny.... all on the big screens for everyone to see.

But somehow it still favors the red clubs. Very strange....

Its convinced me there's a more fundamental problem of inherent bias. Not cheating as such, just collective best interests for certain decisions to be made... pressure, actual bias, fear of the media. Systemic bias.

It's evidenced in stats too... more penalties, free kicks, positive VAR decisions, player of the month awards, less sendings off etc... over the years the stats would show how they're getting the rub of the green across the board. Anyway I'm rambling now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.