VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
“VAR decided there is no clear and obvious error with the referee deciding not to award a penalty for a handball in United’s box… after consulting the badge on the defender’s shirt” — Commentator in the West Ham v United match

“VAR decided there is no clear and obvious error with the referee deciding not to award a penalty for a handball in United’s box… after consulting the badge on the defender’s shirt” — Commentator in the West Ham v United match

Red shirt-itis strikes yet again.

Twice today!

Just my opinion, reading most comments under the Twitter clip it’s agreed by most he got the ball and not a pen. Not that Twitter is a good place to get a genuine verdict - I might be wrong or biased. But I don’t think that’s a clear cut pen.
I don't think there's anything in the rules about getting the ball. You can get the ball and it still be a foul. The whole 'he touched the ball' thing is just commentators dumbing it down for the TV audience.
At least that's how it used to be but because they keep changing the rules to suit VAR (rather than using VAR to apply the rules that have worked for over a century) then that may be different these days.

Contentious as he goes through Haaland but Kehrer also gets 100% of the ball. No way clear cut for VAR to intervene on that one.
Didnt stop them intervening today on the Arsenal handball tho, even tho it wasnt clear cut.

Make it up as they go along, to suit teams in red!!

This isnt a go at VAR by the way. But it shows how deep the corruption is with the referees…

Arsenal replays were not fully clear initially but the ref in charge of VAR decided to intervene anyway and after looking at the incident 10 times (so not clear and obvious), the ref decided to ignore the protocols in place and ultimately change the decision…

Then we come to the rags match. A clear pen. Jar Jar Binks having to concede it was a stone wall pen. Guess what, despite the pics being clear as day Lindelof playing the ball with his arm. Surprise surprise VAR officials nowhere to be seen.

It stinks

Last edited:
A blue commenting on the rags is accused of bias so, I read the Telegraph's live match report before half time
Penalty against Lindlehof and a clear red for the fellah who raked his studs down the west ham player and yet.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.