VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
d1f2c8f8673e396bbe6aa0ac3f86e969.jpg

Difficult to criticise that, although I would like to, of course, but as always it depends on how it is implemented. I don't have great hopes.

It will be selective , games with nothing much happening in it , he wouldnt have dared do it for several bent games including the offside rag goal v us

Well we’ll soon find out.

My 50p is on one of first games that Sky will air the audio from will be that derby.

Re-recorded edited version
Exactly this, like the offside lines from the Arnold Trent Alexander handball game against Liverpool.

"give us til half-time, or maybe full-time, give the photoshop man chance to do his work, then we'll show you the offside decision for Salah"

It stinks of smoke and mirrors to me.
Unless it's live I'm inclined to believe that it's not in the slightest bit "transparent".

Because it's the end of their season I've watched a few games from the lower leagues this weekend and watching football without VAR again has been like a breath of fresh air.

Difficult to criticise that, although I would like to, of course, but as always it depends on how it is implemented. I don't have great hopes.
It’s easy to criticise it. They are releasing only select audio, after the fact.

It’s a highly controlled quarter-measure, which protects them from having any questionable audio heard if they don’t want it to be. And it allows them to frame any contentious decisions with carefully scripted explanations, legitimising farcical decision making and incompetent refereeing.

It’s Ref Watch 2.0

Until they make the full audio available, live throughout the match, it is just another narrative crafting strategy.

Last edited:
It’s easy to criticise it. They are releasing only select audio, after the fact.

It’s a highly controlled quarter-measure, which protects them from having any questionable audio heard if they don’t want it to be. And it allows them to frame any contentious decisions with carefully scripted explanations, legitimising farcical decision making and incompetent refereeing.

It’s Ref Watch 2.0

Until they make the full audio available, live throughout the match, it is just another narrative crafting strategy.

FIFA forbid any league from airing live audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.