VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
McCann flagged it as offside. You can bet that after stating Rashford ran after and caught up to the ball he would've gone as quiet as a church mouse once he realised the ref and var wanted to focus on him not touching it.

The one they played that he admitted they got wrong was a non obvious one that could be kind of forgiven. What about all the clearly corrupt ones?!

A stage managed whitewash, with rat boy and spitty complicit!!
Might as well add the BBC to the list given that they completely failed to show or discuss the NAILED ON PENALTY on Haaland on MOTD.

That was interesting but if they're not gonna play the decisions they completely fuck up then what's the point

Just seems like they're trying to pacify fans without actually giving them anything substantial
Thats exactly what they're doing. Absolutely nothing will change...

The show will be used to show well they have done, they'll highlight maybe 1 minor issue where they've obviously "learnt from it". And in days after the weekend we'll all STILL be just as frustrated at confusing decisions with no explanation.

They're never going to say how shit theyve been.

Webb going on Sky and getting no proper grilling over the obvious huge errors ( being diplomatic calling them ”errors”) and not having the audio for those is the same as a PM going on This Morning and being asked what they have for breakfast style questions.
Pointless and treating fans as idiots.

The only shows PGMOL should be featured on are Panorama or crime watch

Fascinating, but long overdue, insight that. Would love to hear the referee communications more often.

But seeing Carragher and Neville lap it up as if they don’t hear the conversations every game was a tad embarrassing.
Neville even said he’d heard the conversations all ready this season. Wouldn’t surprise me if they get them all as it happens. It’s the bottom video right at the start.

Only got the game on in the background tonight but know there were 2 VAR Checks on both goals. Did they bother putting the lines up at all?

I thought it was mildly interesting without being particularly revealing. With this been the first show, Webb clearly hand picked some nice convenient incidents from over the season to show VAR in a good light.

If it’s to be a weekly show, which I believe it is, you’d assume that from now on they’ll have to concentrate on the most controversial incidents from each weekend. So it should get more interesting.

Time will tell.

It's not just the Rashford goal I want to hear it for, I'd throw Rodris handball against Everton last year into the hat as well.

Something ain't right.

From ESPN VAR Review : "This incident could have resulted in all three possible outcomes: a penalty to Man City, a free kick to Everton or play on. Referee Taylor chose the last option, and there isn't enough definitive evidence to say that was incorrect.

Pickford checks on Haaland's position, while Haaland looks at Pickford twice before stopping his movement toward the ball to block the goalkeeper's path. Pickford's arm catches Haaland as the keeper appears to reach for the dropping ball. Whether Pickford was trying to get to the ball or just to Haaland will be open to personal interpretation.

Had Haaland not looked at Pickford and continued his natural run to play the ball, there would have been a stronger case for a penalty; but both players were equally culpable in trying to "game" each other.

If Taylor had given the spot kick, it'd be unlikely to get overturned; whatever he decided on this wouldn't be clearly wrong."

This seems to intimate that Haaland shouldn't look at other players and that there is a "natural run". He was punched in the head. I don't see how anything else matters. The fact that the guy writing this suggests that a free kick to Everton was also a possibility is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.