VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure if Haaland had run blindly, without checking to see where Pickford was, and cleaned out the dirty punter, he would have been awarded a penalty for maintaining a “natural run”.

By the way, the ball was 4 yards beyond Haaland when Pickford “appears to reach for the ball”.

It’s just farcical what they come up with to legitimise these bad (corrupt) decisions.

Webb’s new program did and will serve the same purpose: showcase the less contentious decisions, ignore the more controversial ones, and try to legitimise the inconsistent, nonsensical officiating, in an attempt to obfuscate continual attempts to manipulate match results.
If Pickford reached for the ball from 4 yards away he would still be 3.75 yards short of it with his flappers,sorry , flippers

If Pickford reached for the ball from 4 yards away he would still be 3.75 yards short of it with his flappers,sorry , flippers
I wonder what the outcome would have been if it had been an outfield player on Haaland and not the goalkeeper.

So Webb flaunting his way round the media showing one obvious handball is going to make us think VAR officials do a good job when we see shockers nearly every game is not going to change my mind that they are either not good enough or are bent

Interesting to see how they generate the lines for offside and it's how we thought in that they select the frame they want manually which given the speed of players and the speed of frames per second from the camera it is easy to manipulate. Go forward one frame, go back one frame etc.

I am sure if Haaland had run blindly, without checking to see where Pickford was, and cleaned out the dirty punter, he would have been awarded a penalty for maintaining a “natural run”.

By the way, the ball was 4 yards beyond Haaland when Pickford “appears to reach for the ball”.

It’s just farcical what they come up with to legitimise these bad (corrupt) decisions.

Webb’s new program did and will serve the same purpose: showcase the less contentious decisions, ignore the more controversial ones, and try to legitimise the inconsistent, nonsensical officiating, in an attempt to obfuscate continual attempts to manipulate match results.
I remember a game at the Etihad v Wolves where Kevin Dillon was chasing a ball inside our area, closely followed by Joleon. The former stopped running and let Joleon clatter into him. Penalty!

Pickford has pushed Haarland to the ground. Penalty! Just another this season that refs were programmed not to give.

Interesting to see how they generate the lines for offside and it's how we thought in that they select the frame they want manually which given the speed of players and the speed of frames per second from the camera it is easy to manipulate. Go forward one frame, go back one frame etc.
was always going to be that, the cameras they use are not good enough to get it spot on, which is fine but there needs to be a margin of error when drawing the lines to equate for this but there isn't.

the goal line tech is far superior but that still has a margin of error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.