VAR thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to see how they generate the lines for offside and it's how we thought in that they select the frame they want manually which given the speed of players and the speed of frames per second from the camera it is easy to manipulate. Go forward one frame, go back one frame etc.
Absolutely spot on,they can get the desired outcome as you say forward or back,all this PR from the league and refs they just take us for mugs …

I remember a game at the Etihad v Wolves where Kevin Dillon was chasing a ball inside our area, closely followed by Joleon. The former stopped running and let Joleon clatter into him. Penalty!

Pickford has pushed Haarland to the ground. Penalty! Just another this season that refs were programmed not to give.
I just think of the penalty Arsenal got from Eddie going out to block a shot…

It's not just the Rashford goal I want to hear it for, I'd throw Rodris handball against Everton last year into the hat as well.

Something ain't right.
I have said previously that if you watch this incident again play started with an indirect free kick to City , 2 yards outside the box. My theory is that they were off side before it hit Rodri's arm. Can be only explanation as to why ref gave us an indirect free kick.

I just think of the penalty Arsenal got from Eddie going out to block a shot…
Yeah, it doesn't matter how many times they modify the LotG and 'improve' the application of VAR it will still come down to the interaction between the ref on the field and the wallah in the VAR shed. I wonder just how VAR and the ref 'interacted' with the Pickford Haarland incident. Another game, another team, another ref and a different guy in the shed and yer can bet yer bottom dinar that the Rags or Dippers would be rewarded.

was always going to be that, the cameras they use are not good enough to get it spot on, which is fine but there needs to be a margin of error when drawing the lines to equate for this but there isn't.

the goal line tech is far superior but that still has a margin of error.
They apply their 'margin of error' SUBJECTIVELY. It is NOT a level playing field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.