Vat on Independent school fees?

You pay it on hotel accommodation.

I was merely establishing that for state boarding schools you don’t pay VAT on boarding fees but you do for private boarding school. There is a certain “discrepancy” there and given one of the 3 guiding principles in the legislation is fairness it’s failing that test quite spectacularly.

I was merely establishing that for state boarding schools you don’t pay VAT on boarding fees but you do for private boarding school. There is a certain “discrepancy” there and given one of the 3 guiding principles in the legislation is fairness it’s failing that test quite spectacularly.
Who uses state boarding schools though? If it's for people like military on deployment, then I get it.

Who uses state boarding schools though? If it's for people like military on deployment, then I get it.

There is one I am familiar with which is an excellent school that parents are desperate to get in to. Private school standards in a state school naturally in huge demand. Has a very small catchment area but once you go to day board or failing that, full board, you can often secure a place - whilst they don’t offer flexible boarding they do say that as many of their boarders live locally they do tend to go home at weekends.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.