Veganism

The vast majority of which are fortified or supplements. So for the vast majority of people, an omnivorous diet is more naturally balanced.

You said that meat was necessary to maintain health. Supplements or not that is not true. The fact that most omnivores diets are deficient seems to have gone over your head.

in most cases, no, but doesn't mean it should be banned. I was just turning the discussion a different way and asking what would we do if we stopped killing them, we are in a certain position after all.

The sentiment and desire to see the most humane methods possible are admirable and one I share.

I'm not calling for a ban. That isn't my place.

I would hope over time the more people stop eating meat would lead to these practices ending naturally.

If that takes thousands of years then so be it but spreading awareness (without ramming it down people's throats) is also admirable.

As for you original question, ultimately, some of the animals we eat would end up extinct which is a different argument I suppose but ultimately, my stance is that it's better an animal not have to suffer

You said that meat was necessary to maintain health. Supplements or not that is not true. The fact that most omnivores diets are deficient seems to have gone over your head.

Nope, that's personal choice, not fact. I said without supplementing your diet, you just chose to make that the non-issue it isn't to justify Veganism as a natural alternative, when it isn't.

I'm not calling for a ban. That isn't my place.

I would hope over time the more people stop eating meat would lead to these practices ending naturally.

If that takes thousands of years then so be it but spreading awareness (without ramming it down people's throats) is also admirable.

As for you original question, ultimately, some of the animals we eat would end up extinct which is a different argument I suppose but ultimately, my stance is that it's better an animal not have to suffer

some people are, and I think extinction is a much more drawn out suffering than slaughter. Akin to denying assisted suicide.

don't misunderstand me,
i wasn't meaning people who discuss their reasoning in a thread relevant to the subject,
not at all,
i'm all for a fucking good chat about things and people expressing their thoughts on a matter,
and people talking about their reasons for how they behave.
we are all different and different opinons help forge our own.

i was more talking about, say, when you have people round for a meal,
or go to a restaurant with ismists,
and all they do is go on about their ism
and how there's nothing on the fucking menu for them,
and they have no interest in how someone else's steak tastes or why.
i'm always curious about about things and i ask and talk.

i more meant the self-righteous preachers who ram their isms down other's throats on such occasions.
they are dullards who can ruin an evening, that's all i was try to say.

I agree with you on that. I made the mistake of going in a vegan food shop and the people in there were smug cunts who were full of their own self importance. I avoid places like that now. It's the same in all walks of life, there are vegans who are sound and there are some that are twats.

I agree with you on that. I made the mistake of going in a vegan food shop and the people in there were smug cunts who were full of their own self importance. I avoid places like that now. It's the same in all walks of life, there are vegans who are sound and there are some that are twats.
i know a few fruitarians.
they privately admit they have never had a solid stool in years.
one told me once that she was overjoyed one morning to at least have passed something that resembled fudge.
at least she could joke about it.

Vegans are ok. It's the Veganists like Not very mellow Joe who are a pain in the arse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.