Veganism

Was on Bury market Wednesday and came across a stall selling vegan Indian food. The friendly Gujarati guy who runs the stall asked me to sample his food. His homemade onion barges were delicious so I bought a box. He also asked me to sample a cabbage that resembled a slice of black pudding roll, something Bury market is famous for. I must say the cabbage was also delicious. It has a steak like texture spiced in mustard seeds. I bought some of these too.
Also the chickpea pakoras were tasty.
I like my meat but if vegan food is this good, I may eventually be convinced to go veggie. Vegan is a step too far though.

So if you're veggie/vegan and go on Bury market and sample his food.

Was on Bury market Wednesday and came across a stall selling vegan Indian food. The friendly Gujarati guy who runs the stall asked me to sample his food. His homemade onion barges were delicious so I bought a box. He also asked me to sample a cabbage that resembled a slice of black pudding roll, something Bury market is famous for. I must say the cabbage was also delicious. It has a steak like texture spiced in mustard seeds. I bought some of these too.
I like my meat but if vegan food is this good, I may eventually be convinced to go veggie. Vegan is a step too far though.

Must’ve been a big box

A great start - well done. But I'll never understand how being kind to animals is going 'too far.'

I think Vegans get a hard time, it’s just become a thing now, you say vegan people say preachy snowflake just like if you say City people say empty seats
The facts are terrified animals are tortured and killed in god knows what numbers everyday and there’s absolutely no need for this pain, suffering and death to happen.
It can’t be hard to understand that people might feel passionately about it
Look out the outcry about these Chinese dog festivals where dogs are boiled alive screaming in pain, there’s zero difference to what happens to the animals eaten everyday.

Guaranteed more meat eaters than not couldn’t watch what happens in a slaughter house
Most humans love animals, we’ve all watched concentration camps, 9/11 jumpers, starving children in Africa, it upsets us but we are able to watch, we’re not able to watch an Animal get tortured though. When Manchester dogs home burnt down the donations were off the scale because that’s our human instinct to animals suffering
Can you remember what was said about the arsonists who did that ?
The thing is it’s already preachy vegans this and that but I’m yet to meet a Vegan ( my friends son is one but I’ve never met him ) or have one come up to me and preach

I plan to cut less and less meat out my diet and go Vegetarian next year, Vegan is too much hassle but respect anyone for doing it.

Last edited:
We had sheep on our farm in Wales and they were treated humanely until the end. I’ve been to an abattoir and the lambs were stunned before they were killed so they felt no pain. Animals don’t have minds. The only mammal that can contemplate their own mortality is a human being.

Vegans do preach. I’ve seen them outside McDonalds offering free veggie burgers. I’ve seen footage of forming human chains around turkeys in Asda to stop people buying them or storming a steakhouse ruining evenings out. They’re getting worse and worse.

We had sheep on our farm in Wales and they were treated humanely until the end. I’ve been to an abattoir and the lambs were stunned before they were killed so they felt no pain. Animals don’t have minds. The only mammal that can contemplate their own mortality is a human being.

Vegans do preach. I’ve seen them outside McDonalds offering free veggie burgers. I’ve seen footage of forming human chains around turkeys in Asda to stop people buying them or storming a steakhouse ruining evenings out. They’re getting worse and worse.

Do you think the Yulin dog festival then ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.