Vet Fees

oldius

This week, I have been charged £920 by my vet for an x-ray. The explanation I was offered was that she was a larger dog and that she needed hospitalisation. Now, both of those explanations don't ring true - she weighs 30kg so less than a Labrador, for example, and the hospitalisation meant just staying in the vet from morning until evening, as is normal for an x-ray. This led to me looking into the issue and finding that in the last five years, many practices have increased their fees by upto 5x. As a consequence, I started a petition for a regulatory body in the industry. If you also think this is an issue, I would be grateful if you would sign and share my petition:

I don't understand why they aren't regulated as it's fucking stupid. You aren't going to compare treatment prices when a member of your family needs medical attention.

I don't understand why they aren't regulated as it's fucking stupid. You aren't going to compare treatment prices when a member of your family needs medical attention.
Indeed. Please sign and share if you are happy to.

Reactions: mat
prices through the roof after the rise of popularity in pet insurance
Which is also a swizz. How can it be right that there are two differing approaches to treatment depending on if you have it or not? And once that issue is treated once on insurance, you arent covered for it again anyway. Racket. I take a very pragmatic approach to it all and am very honest with my vet. Ive told them I think its a total racket and its like they know I have worked it out.

Indeed. Please sign and share if you are happy to.
More than happy to.

I'm trying to recall the name of a book that was published by a vet a few years ago explaining the whole rip off and how to avoid it.

Which is also a swizz. How can it be right that there are two differing approaches to treatment depending on if you have it or not? And once that issue is treated once on insurance, you arent covered for it again anyway. Racket. I take a very pragmatic approach to it all and am very honest with my vet. Ive told them I think its a total racket and its like they know I have worked it out.
Spot on. You pay insurance for years and every time you make a claim they write to you to exclude that condition /body part from future claims. You eventually end up with an old animal that's understandably needing the vet more, still paying insurance, but nothing is covered.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.