Vet Fees

Got appointment at 6.30 for Phoenix. Been scratching her cyst really bad this week so had to put her collar on. At times blood drops flying across room onto walls, doors, throw on the sofa after scratching with her back paw. Was like scene from horror movie

Our cat has digestive issues. Every so often needs an injection which is now £85 for a five minute inspection plus a jab. £85, is that reasonable?

Our cat has digestive issues. Every so often needs an injection which is now £85 for a five minute inspection plus a jab. £85, is that reasonable?
In 10 mins, cyst drained, claws clipped, usual 2 loads of meds and a antiseptic cream for her cyst (where it was bleeding). Total £122 which is less than I expected

In 10 mins, cyst drained, claws clipped, usual 2 loads of meds and an antiseptic cream for her cyst (where it was bleeding). Total £122 which is less than I expected
Not too bad, but owning a pet these days costs a fortune.

Reactions: ob
Depends on the cost of the medication.

Our cat needs a monthly injection that costs £13.70 for the actual injection. If the vet supplies the medication, it’s £117 in total.

I buy it online for £50 delivered, so it comes out at £63.70 per month in total, plus a repeat prescription every 4 months of about £25.

My merlin is at the vets today having two teeth out , the jaw is reabsorbing the teeth roots , it is agony she said , i am so pleased i took him back a second time and he has had pain killers for last three weeks , rest of teeth clean and xrays show the rest of his teeth are good , no cause , injury or infection just fairly common in cats , he is only just five years old , i was moaning at the cost £524 but now i know how much pain he has been it was worth the last of my savings, insurance wont cover any of it as it isnt injury related , oh well

Maxed out on credit card and nothing coming in except benefits so this was the last thing i needed !
We’ve spent £900 this year on getting our two dogs teeth cleaned with a couple taken out. We pay nearly £80 a month insurance for both and teeth aren’t covered. But what do you do? Would never want to see them having any issues or be in any pain

We’ve spent £900 this year on getting our two dogs teeth cleaned with a couple taken out. We pay nearly £80 a month insurance for both and teeth aren’t covered. But what do you do? Would never want to see them having any issues or be in any pain
It seems like no insurance for pets cover dental unless their teeth are damaged through injury , even then it is a grey area

Just got the itemised bill through, it is the drugs involved in the surgery that cost a fortune and £100 for a small bag of saline which is a scandal

Merlin is good today , he is not allowed out till after his post operation check on monday and that is proving to be a challenge for him , he is certainly letting me know he is not impressed , lol

Reactions: ob
1 of my cats had a tooth abscess. I took her to the vets. Consultation, 10 days worth of anti-biotics, 1 bottle of liquid pain killer, £135.

I took my cat back to the vets yesterday to have that tooth extracted. That was done this morning. I picked my cat up this Afternoon. £575.

My fault, I know. I’m not crying. I didn’t have cat insurance. My cat has always been well and healthy. Tomorrow I’m going to get insurance for my 4 cats.

Our 10 year old weshie (Westie/Shitzhu cross) had her second back leg cruciate ligament go and be pinned this summer.

Nearly £4K to sort her out - no insurance because none will pay out on a second knee as they all treat a second knee problem as a continuation of the first knee going, so the typical £3K cap per incident gets exceeded on the first knee - I got the first knee on insurance 3 years ago when it was ONLY £2500. So won one, lost one, as it were.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.