Vicente Matias Vuoso

gio's side step said:
Saw him play the first half in a pre season friendly for us against Bury at Gigg Lane and gathered after 5 minutes he was shit

The following are the worst strikers I have seen at City in the past 20 years, in no particular order

Creaney,
Conlon,
Bob Taylor,
Rob Taylor,
Shutt,
Corradi,
Samaras,
Vuoso (from the first half against Bury)
Caicedo
Vassell
Sibierski

You could argue that technically they are not strikers as they all lacked a very important thing to be classed that, GOALS!!!
Also i thought sibierski was a midfielder

As someone has already said,"The Goat" has a fair bit to say about Vuoso in his book and he reckoned that he looked a decent player but Keegan just would not give him a chance!

Mind you,most of Goats book just says Keegan was a Bastard, over and over again(Its a great read)!,

BoyBlue_1985 said:
You could argue that technically they are not strikers as they all lacked a very important thing to be classed that, GOALS!!!

Caicedo scored 8 goals in 12 starts was it? Averaged more than a goal every 2 games and this is playing as a lone man at 20. I don't understand half the stick he gets because he was the first striker since Anelka (Unless I'm missing someone obvious) to consistently score for us.

King Geedorah said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Caicedo scored 8 goals in 12 starts was it? Averaged more than a goal every 2 games and this is playing as a lone man at 20. I don't understand half the stick he gets because he was the first striker since Anelka (Unless I'm missing someone obvious) to consistently score for us.

Honestly didnt see his name there, i liked that bloke, big clumsy bastard that he was

gio's side step said:
Saw him play the first half in a pre season friendly for us against Bury at Gigg Lane and gathered after 5 minutes he was shit

The following are the worst strikers I have seen at City in the past 20 years, in no particular order

Creaney,
Conlon,
Bob Taylor,
Rob Taylor,
Shutt,
Corradi,
Samaras,
Caicedo
Vassell
Sibierski

I kind of liked Vassell he was like a poor mans Tevez I felt sorry for him that he wasn't a quality player he had the heart but not the skill

Sat next to Vuoso at Maine road in our last season there.The club ballsed up my ticket and i wasn't informed until 2 minutes before kick off when i was asked to move along with about 15 others who had bought tickets for somone else's seat!

We ended up sitting near the dugouts and Vuoso was sat with his bird.

He is shite.

We bought him from independiente for 3.5m or something like that, in 2002. He was the top scorer of the Argentinean 1st division in 2001.

Then he moved from man city to santos(Mexico) and he did well for one season(but Mexican league cant be compared to the premier).

After that he moved to America (richest club in Mexico) and he was shite again.

After a couple of years he moved back to santos, last year he got into the final of the playoffs and he had a golden chance in extra time to win the game, no keeper in front, and he missed it. The final was decided on penalties and guess who missed the last penalty? that’s right Vuoso.

As a reward of his stunning display in the final(sarcasm) he moved back to America for a millionaire transaction(these sort of things only happens in Mexico).

In conclusion, Vuoso was, is and will be shite; thank god we got rid of him fast.

negs said:
He is shite.

We bought him from independiente for 3.5m or something like that, in 2002. He was the top scorer of the Argentinean 1st division in 2001.

Then he moved from man city to santos(Mexico) and he did well for one season(but Mexican league cant be compared to the premier).

After that he moved to America (richest club in Mexico) and he was shite again.

After a couple of years he moved back to santos, last year he got into the final of the playoffs and he had a golden chance in extra time to win the game, no keeper in front, and he missed it. The final was decided on penalties and guess who missed the last penalty? that’s right Vuoso.

As a reward of his stunning display in the final(sarcasm) he moved back to America for a millionaire transaction(these sort of things only happens in Mexico).

In conclusion, Vuoso was, is and will be shite; thank god we got rid of him fast.
You're not a fan then!
;-)

dubaisteve said:
bound too, wonder if anyone ever saw him play live in a city shirt! for the reserves obviously !!!
seen him play at Preston in a pre-season friendly<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:17 pm --<br /><br />
gio's side step said:

Creaney,
Conlon,
Bob Taylor,
Rob Taylor,
Shutt,
Corradi,
Samaras,
Caicedo
Vassell
Sibierski

surely Lee Badbuy should be on this list

WidnesBlue23 said:
I saw him versus Everton reserves a couple of years ago at the Halton stadium, thats all I can report he didnt do much, was outplayed by Chris Shuker

I was at that game too mate. Don't recall him having much pace!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.