Vicky Kloss

Not being dramatic. Be in no doubt we are in an existential crisis right now.

If we lose this fight it will be open season on City. Banned from europe. Fined. Then you can bet the EPL will come after us.

If we lose this fight they wont stop coming for us until we are back where they think we belong. Both as a warning to any other owners with dark skin not to fucking try to be successful in the white mans European game, and as payback for knocking wholesome clubs off their pedestals.

And to that end, fucking point scoring on an online forum is not needed

Totally not interested in scoring points mate. I don’t even know you other than we share one interest: MCFC.

But again you take it out of proportions believing what the media is publishing these days. And yes, we are being mentioned. At last.

This is a difficult subject to debate because none of us really can be too sure of the work that has gone into the PR, good or bad.

Maybe our PR department could've done more. It's possible that everything everyone has criticised her for is true. But it's also entirely possible that they've already done a tonne that we don't know about. It's possible that the press would be a 1000 times worse had it not been for Kloss.

We could have had a bolshie and brash PR executive who banned every journalist that spoke out of term, pissing them all off in the process, and then we may have had to be dealing with articles calling for us to be stripped of the titles we won before any of this stuff even came to light after the email hackings.

I refuse to be sure that anyone that neither works in or close to the City PR department nor the mainstream newspaper industry could really provide a fair assessment of Vicky Kloss, good or bad.
Blimey have you been in a cave,every news outlet has been saying the same,titles striped,half the team and pep are leaving,it couldn't get any worse,i just do not see how the inviting them in and being nice for a decade has worked,the media ignored the treble and went racist route,the months since may has been savage,i have had enough now

Blimey have you been in a cave,every news outlet has been saying the same,titles striped,half the team and pep are leaving,it couldn't get any worse,i just do not see how the inviting them in and being nice for a decade has worked,the media ignored the treble and went racist route,the months since may has been savage,i have had enough now
If you had read my post you would have seen I was saying they could have been saying that from prior to any of the recent revelations. Which they weren't.

If you had read my post you would have seen I was saying they could have been saying that from prior to any of the recent revelations. Which they weren't.
We are constantly selling our players,year after year,pep is on the take,raz is a flash ****,the treble got one day then ignored,do i need to go on? if any part of the plan was to get the media on side it has failed miserably,that is not going into the ful out racist shite

Why would they write about striping us of titles before?

We are constantly selling our players,year after year,pep is on the take,raz is a flash ****,the treble got one day then ignored,do i need to go on? if any part of the plan was to get the media on side it has failed miserably,that is not going into the ful out racist shite

Why would they write about striping us of titles before?
The answer to that was in my original post.

Agree 100 per cent. I am not going to Judge Vicky Kloss because, in many ways, she has an impossible task. But the point about access is crucial. In a 24/7 media environment it is just not good enough for Khaldoon to produce one pre-recorded statement a year. Our senior Execs should be doing regular interviews to the media, especially the business sector, and repeating the messages we want to get across.
One example is the false "sportswashing narrative" which is repeated ad nauseum. Sheikh Mansour's investment in City has generated huge profits and made him a lot of money. That doesn't include money he has made on other investments in Manchester and the UK. It is part of a broader strategy for Abu Dhabi to diversify its economy because the oil is running out. It is nothing to do with "sportswashing." In fact you could argue the opposite because the higher your profile becomes the more people scrutinise things like human rights etc. We need to tackle this media lie head-on. We are just not proactive enough. Also Pep doesn't help himself in his press conferences. Has he had any training or will he not agree to it?
I’ve always been of the opinion that staying silent to slander is the best way. However, you have convinced me otherwise with how you’ve put it.

You are correct.

Especially since we do not have any other forms of positive media.

I’ve always been of the opinion that staying silent to slander is the best way. However, you have convinced me otherwise with how you’ve put it.

You are correct.

Especially since we do not have any other forms of positive media.
I don't think you should sue everyone like Robert Maxwell used to do but sometimes it doesn't do any harm to fire a shot over the bows. We have had ten years of this now. Chelsea got an easier ride after an initial period of hate from the media. We have allowed some of these false narratives to run for too long. The human rights narrative is also interesting because people who have worked in the Middle East region tell me that Abu Dhabi is one of the most liberal regimes out there compared to places like Egypt, Israel, Saudi, Libya, Qatar, Dubai, Syria, and yet for some reason our owners are targeted by the press here.

I don't think you should sue everyone like Robert Maxwell used to do but sometimes it doesn't do any harm to fire a shot over the bows. We have had ten years of this now. Chelsea got an easier ride after an initial period of hate from the media. We have allowed some of these false narratives to run for too long. The human rights narrative is also interesting because people who have worked in the Middle East region tell me that Abu Dhabi is one of the most liberal regimes out there compared to places like Egypt, Israel, Saudi, Libya, Qatar, Dubai, Syria, and yet for some reason our owners are targeted by the press here.
I think you’ll find Israel is a bit more liberal than Abu Dhabi

Ok I'll stand corrected but you get my jist. You can check all the Human Rights groups on Google. They all mention places like Russia, China, the US, most of Africa and South America, large chunks of Asia and of course, Saudi Arabia. No doubt there are human rights abuses in Abu Dhabi but why are our owners singled out for abuse? Abu Dhabi doesn't make the top 100 for human rights abuse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.