Vicky Kloss

Yep. She is there to ensure we rescue any that are lost in action. She’s still looking for Robinho.(lost, inaction)
I reckon she is there to stop any sulkers who Pep has subbed, from running down the tunnel for an early bath.
She is very pleasing on the eye, it’s very rare to see anyone with a clip board without a high viz jacket.

Issues management is a technique for dealing with ongoing problems of reputation whether amongst the public or press. The point is it is done privately, consistently, and in a friendly manner. Example: Drucker the other day wrote a very complimentary piece about the way City were run but he included a caveat as “a large proportion of their commercial income comes from AbuDhabi.” This is a common theme, illustrating the ignorance of the press as to how sponsorship works (start with your friends, business partners etc, and work outwards till you have,say, an official marine engine partner) and an erroneus assumption as to the size of those deals. A quiet word with Drucker and a bit of inside info for him would be automatic if you were managing that issue. Then you would extend that to others. (If you Google issues management you will find lots about it).
The choice, therefore, is not between doing nothing and a public scrap as so many posting on here seem to think. There is a third way!
I am not itk at City and I don’t know Vicky but I suspect she did quite a lot of this while being limited by our policy. I have criticised our policy before, but I would not blame Vicky for our shortcomings.
Hope that is useful. Cheers.
Issues Management is used in conjunction with Risk Management in all aspects of business and particularly project management. Its not a technique that is used solely for PR. It involves identification and quantification of all possible risks to a business, rating them for severity and then developing mitigating plans to manage them. Issues management kicks in when a risk 'becomes real and happens' and will typically (where serious) have executive ownership or visibility and be micro managed until resolution.

In the example above I would argue that we are mainly talking about risk management - the risk of misinformation by the press having material impacts on profitability. Issues management would kick in when material impacts are happening.

Another example would be everything to do with our CAS submissions is pure issue management as a risk had crystalised into an issue.

You are 100% correct that City will use these techniques throughout the business to the extent they will have a Risk officer somewhere in the hierarchy. It all sounds a bit pedantic to those that haven't any need to have experienced it but when done properly these management techniques are necessary and very effective. I say that from decades experience of programme management and running large operations.

Yep. She is there to ensure we rescue any that are lost in action. She’s still looking for Robinho.(lost, inaction)
That's what's on the clipboard Trying to account for players signed but disappeared in the tunnel.
Robhino, Mcminimum, Jo, Santa Cruz, Berti, etc. A job for life as someone said

That's what's on the clipboard Trying to account for players signed but disappeared in the tunnel.
Robhino, Mcminimum, Jo, Santa Cruz, Berti, etc. A job for life as someone said
If there's any Youtubers out there that like digging about, if you go to Carrington, there's a load of kit cupboards wielded shut after that useless scouse **** turned up.

Issues Management is used in conjunction with Risk Management in all aspects of business and particularly project management. Its not a technique that is used solely for PR. It involves identification and quantification of all possible risks to a business, rating them for severity and then developing mitigating plans to manage them. Issues management kicks in when a risk 'becomes real and happens' and will typically (where serious) have executive ownership or visibility and be micro managed until resolution.

In the example above I would argue that we are mainly talking about risk management - the risk of misinformation by the press having material impacts on profitability. Issues management would kick in when material impacts are happening.

Another example would be everything to do with our CAS submissions is pure issue management as a risk had crystalised into an issue.

You are 100% correct that City will use these techniques throughout the business to the extent they will have a Risk officer somewhere in the hierarchy. It all sounds a bit pedantic to those that haven't any need to have experienced it but when done properly these management techniques are necessary and very effective. I say that from decades experience of programme management and running large operations.
And that's why you can afford a house in Saddleworth..... ;^)

Can you imagine Montgomery and Churchill debating “Issues Management, Risk Management and Project Management “? We’d have been rolled over by 1940.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.