Victor Wanyama

What would be the point in this signing, we need more than a battling defensive midfielder ( we already have De Jong and Razak for this). Imo we need a deep lying midfielder who can spray passes all around the pitch, keep the ball and look for openings so basically a younger version of Pirlo.
Modric, Benat, De Rossi etc are the type of players we should look at.

greasedupdeafguy said:
What would be the point in this signing, we need more than a battling defensive midfielder ( we already have De Jong and Razak for this). Imo we need a deep lying midfielder who can spray passes all around the pitch, keep the ball and look for openings so basically a younger version of Pirlo.

Alonso or Sahin but we had a version of that type of player in Pizzaro .... and he did not get a lot of playing time ......if we had that type of player you would be forced to drop either your defensive midfielder or Yaya who done great when he went further forward ....

greasedupdeafguy said:

I get the feeling we are hoarding players of this mould in the hope that one of them turns out to be a Vieira/Yaya superstar 5 years down the line.

Celtic fans rave about him. I saw him in the flesh once (an old firm, free ticket!) and he did look the part. Slightly more creative than de jong and certainly can shoot (see his goal vs hearts), the question is whether or not he's good enough for the premier league. I heard chelsea were chasing him too, not sure if thats anything to go by though!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJiZNw92Kzs[/youtube]

FantasyIreland said:
Vincents Tackle said:
I seriously hope we are in for better players than Wanyama

What are his weaknesses?

He's playing for a team that are miles better than everyone else in a poor league so it's difficult to assess where he's at and what weaknesses he has. I think it would be a gamble and I would prefer it if we were signing a proven world class player, like De Rossi for example.

Daz_Blue said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

Alonso or Sahin but we had a version of that type of player in Pizzaro .... and he did not get a lot of playing time ......if we had that type of player you would be forced to drop either your defensive midfielder or Yaya who done great when he went further forward ....
Having a better version of Pizzaro would just give us more options, we could push yaya further up the much and still play with a defensive midfielder but sacrificing either silva or nasri ( we will probably do this in the CL after last year), or we could just him in place of Barry who sometimes struggles in certain matches especially away from home and in the CL and finally to give Yaya some rest as at the moment all our midfielders are to similer ( De Jong, Barry, Milner and Razak etc) and so we cant afford to drop Toure.

Vincents Tackle said:
FantasyIreland said:
Vincents Tackle said:
I seriously hope we are in for better players than Wanyama

What are his weaknesses?

He's playing for a team that are miles better than everyone else in a poor league so it's difficult to assess where he's at and what weaknesses he has. I think it would be a gamble and I would prefer it if we were signing a proven world class player, like De Rossi for example.

We can't forever look to buy ready made players that cost club record transfer fees and demand 200k per week wages.

I am sure if we are interested, the club will have done their homework....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.