Vidal

bluechampion7891 said:
"Vidal prefers Manchester United move

Manchester United are leading the race to sign Arturo Vidal, with the Chilean preferring a move to Old Trafford ahead of Real Madrid should he leave Juventus this summer. The midfielder would command a fee of around £48 million.

Source: Tuttosport
Monday, June 30, 2014 11:06" -http://www.goal.com/en/rumours/last/72?ICID=HP_BN_1

Lol. Sanchez turned them down, along with City the first time.

Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Manchester United are leading the race to sign Arturo Vidal, with the Chilean preferring a move to Old Trafford ahead of Real Madrid should he leave Juventus this summer. The midfielder would command a fee of around £48 million.

Monday, June 30, 2014 11:06" -http://www.goal.com/en/rumours/last/72?ICID=HP_BN_1

Well, when Barca or Real want someone, you are usually turned down

bluechampion7891 said:
Ray78 said:
bluechampion7891 said:

Well, when Barca or Real want someone, you are usually turned down

Yup and I realise that it is time for another eye test.

Hope this doesn't happen......He'd make a big difference to their team....

Transfer Centre ‏@CentreTransfer 48m
Manchester United have agreed to meet Juventus' £40m asking price for midfield dynamo Arturo Vidal. (Daily Express)

There are two midfielders being linked with them right now. One is William Carvalho (ca. £35m) and the other is Vidal (ca. £45m-£55m).

Vidal is a box-to-box midfielder who would be wasted stuck behind the halfway line, but Carvalho is a holding midfielder, so on paper Carvalho makes more sense because Herrera isn't a holding midfielder. Herrera has been more of an attacking midfielder for Bilbao but my guess is he'll play deeper because of United's attacking options and will be next to a holding midfielder.

Or maybe that's me being wishful, because Vidal is good enough to transform United in many ways.

Carvalho/Herrera seems like a decent, well balanced and youthful midfield combo, but certainly not better than City or Chelsea's options. Carvalho looked quite slow and ponderous in the World Cup but people who watch Portuguese football say he's a top talent, so my doubts are probably wrong.

Worst nightmare = they sign BOTH of them and field a Carvalho/Vidal/Herrera trio.

LoveCity said:
There are two midfielders being linked with them right now. One is William Carvalho (ca. £35m) and the other is Vidal (ca. £45m-£55m).

Vidal is a box-to-box midfielder who would be wasted stuck behind the halfway line, but Carvalho is a holding midfielder, so on paper Carvalho makes more sense because Herrera isn't a holding midfielder. Herrera has been more of an attacking midfielder for Bilbao but my guess is he'll play deeper because of United's attacking options and will be next to a holding midfielder.

Or maybe that's me being wishful, because Vidal is good enough to transform United in many ways.

Carvalho/Herrera seems like a decent, well balanced and youthful midfield combo, but certainly not better than City or Chelsea's options. Carvalho looked quite slow and ponderous in the World Cup but people who watch Portuguese football say he's a top talent, so my doubts are probably wrong.

Worst nightmare = they sign BOTH of them and field a Carvalho/Vidal/Herrera trio.

Do you think they'll get Vidal mate?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
LoveCity said:

Do you think they'll get Vidal mate?

Instinct says no, but their approach this summer worries me. They are throwing incredible amounts of money so may just meet the asking price if he's actually their target, then it comes down to Vidal saying yes. Hopefully a prestigious club in the Champions League challenges them for him, but Real (who made a move for him last summer and who he'd definitely snub United for) are signing Kroos so I'm worried United will have no competition at the mooted price. Maybe Arsenal could come in for him yet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.