Vidal

gordondaviesmoustache said:
grim up north said:
Tricky_Trev said:
We don't have £40m to spend. This seems to be escaping a lot of people this summer?....

I suspect we have as much money as we want to spend it's if we choose to ignore UEFA,s sanctions
The short-term risk of not complying is greater than the likely long-term reward of doing so.
you think they haven't got long term plans for hobbling us?

grim up north said:
Tricky_Trev said:
We don't have £40m to spend. This seems to be escaping a lot of people this summer?....

I suspect we have as much money as we want to spend it's if we choose to ignore UEFA,s sanctions
The short-term risk of not complying is greater than the likely long-term reward of doing so.

I'm sure we have UEFA over a barrell and will toy with them for our amusement

grim up north said:
grim up north said:

I'm sure we have UEFA over a barrell and will toy with them for our amusement

I don't know but I hope you right. I have just had a little rant about FFP in the FFP thread. My view all along has been that FFP as constructed is anti-competitive and I would love City to go to court over it but they have chosen a different course of action; hopefully because they think they can continue to win by playing UEFA's game, which would be the best thing for the club all round. I just loathe the idiocy of FFP, which is just set up to enshrine a right to success for big clubs. Thank goodness that we are a big club that is gettiing bigger and stronger.

George Hannah said:
grim up north said:

The thing is if you watch the interview with Khaldoon you can see he really hates UEFA and completely disagrees with the rules and how UEFA interpreted them but agreed to take a pinch this one time as we will be profitable next season. However you can also tell that if they try and fuck with us a second time the gloves will well and truly come off. I wouldn't fancy UEFA's chances if they do try and move the goalposts a second time.

Tricky_Trev said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:
Hijack this, £40mil in this market is still a good deal.
Could be funded through player sales. I hope Juventus don't sell him, especially to a Premiership team, but he is one of the best CMs in the world and if we could engineer a move for him, we should.

George Hannah said:
grim up north said:
I think they appreciate the value of choosing your battles. Their plans, or aspirations, will have been modified accordingly.

Tricky_Trev said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

I agree....City didn't have to agree to the restrictions, they could fight against the FFP but didn't because they don't want to drag it in the courts....this shows me they going to play by the rules this season and stick to the 49mil spending cap....we now have spent around 18mil (with willy) so have just enough to buy in a CB.....I don't expect to see any big name players (Sanchez, Vidal etc...) I also think Yaya and Negredo will stay this season so I don't feel any big name's will be sold to increase out spending limit....

Juventus refusing to sell him according to the best source Di Marzio. Of course every Italian club has their price but lets hope the vermin walk away... anyone but Vidal to join them please.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Tricky_Trev said:
Sir Joe Aguero said:

I agree....City didn't have to agree to the restrictions, they could fight against the FFP but didn't because they don't want to drag it in the courts....this shows me they going to play by the rules this season and stick to the 49mil spending cap....we now have spent around 18mil (with willy) so have just enough to buy in a CB.....I don't expect to see any big name players (Sanchez, Vidal etc...) I also think Yaya and Negredo will stay this season so I don't feel any big name's will be sold to increase out spending limit....

I think we didnt go to court because in the interim period if we didn't accept the sanctions we would of been kicked out of champions league. The statement was carefully worded by the club. To me they wanted to challenge it but didn't because in the interim if out of Europe we would have lost loads of revenue & sponsorships and our top players would probably want out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.